how easy is my pc to hack into?

If I was to be an elite programmer and really want to hack, I'd be actually perform something that will force login without password, flash ALL chips with totally wrong ROM files, turn off thermal protection, fans, and all the vital PC need. All to do to actually make the PC to explode at someone's face.

That's what I call death by hack.

And, of course, that, I will never EVER do.

OK, I give up, yes, I admit that this guy has legitimately asked for help, so this time it's alright, but let me leave you with this thought, if another member did manage to fool you, & you acted the same, there would be at least two paths he/she could go down to get round security codes etc, you say "who cares", we should care about about the person/organisation it would effect surely, as members it's our duty to act responsible, could I have your comments Mark, root?

i think if a hacker really wanted to get into your computer he'll find a way, it's a known fact that the windows platform is the most targeted by virus's / black hat hackers / trojans / spam / phising / ect. , but if you really take the right precautions, you can keep yourself from being taken over. so, to answer your question, yes it can be easy to hack your pc if you don't know how to protect yourself from them.

Some people think that just by using windows firewall, your safe..but it's a known fact, this won't keep you safe. i don't like windows firewall and would not trust it either.

danagol said:
haha the windows passwords are as weak as a paper door between you and 10 hungry lions! lol. but useful if you need the toilet and can just quickly hit <winKey> <L>

thats where your wrong see a password can be as strong as the 10 hungry loins depends on the situation.

P.S. Mr.Mixx he said hacked not hostile take over

Hackslayer said:
thats where your wrong see a password can be as strong as the 10 hungry loins depends on the situation.

P.S. Mr.Mixx he said hacked not hostile take over

Not a windows password however, windows passwords are terrible

Anyways the more people know about hacking, the more they know about defendign themselves. Hence why I think these topics are approperiate.

Were just discussing COMMON method's of attacking and cracking that anyone knows about

all a person has to do is login to you PC wit a bootdisk and erase the SAM file. They will not be able to read your passwords but they can reset them. Syskey will protect your passwords, but can't stop somone from deleting the whole sam and making a new one with a blank password. then they can login to windows and access your computer.

or they could just take your pc, plug it into a usb case and plug the drive into their pc.

Try using the EFS, your stuff will be completely safe.

If someone gets a hold of your laptop, the complexity of your password isn't going to make a difference. All they need to do is boot to a Password Recovery CD, and blank your password. The best way to defend against this is to disable booting from CD in your BIOS and then password protect the BIOS with a decent password. Then you would have to remove the BIOS battery to get past the BIOS password.

bilbus said:
all a person has to do is login to you PC wit a bootdisk and erase the SAM file. They will not be able to read your passwords but they can reset them. Syskey will protect your passwords, but can't stop somone from deleting the whole sam and making a new one with a blank password. then they can login to windows and access your computer.

or they could just take your pc, plug it into a usb case and plug the drive into their pc.

Try using the EFS, your stuff will be completely safe.

That's not wise...if you are using EFS to "protect" your files, and then someone blanks your password with the disk, all the files you have encrypted with EFS will be lost...

Back
Top Bottom