How do you protect your self?

Dnsgm

Baseband Member
To protect yourself from viruses, you use anti virus shield; to protect yourself from hack attacks, you use firewall walls.

Are there no more ways to protect yourself?

there are alot of way's to protect yourself from crap like that, you can make sure that what ever OS your using that it's patched up from Micro$oft. you can use a router that has a built in firewall. you can have passwords on your personal files. and you can set high standards on your account so that only the administrator can make changes...ect

alright, to be honest, as long as you know what sites to go to and how to spot suspicious things, you will be fine even without an antivirus. Like I have been going without one for about 6 month and i **never** got infected...

john123 said:
alright, to be honest, as long as you know what sites to go to and how to spot suspicious things, you will be fine even without an antivirus. Like I have been going without one for about 6 month and i **never** got infected...

I'd like to see that

I'm serious. No joke. All i have is my router which has a firewall that blocks hackers. I don't go to any suspicious sites, I don't download stuff from limewire/other file sharing programs and I am all clear of viruses.

I believe john, i've done the eact same thing. I have antivirus and have not got a warning in the last 8 months.

For spyware and whatnot use an antispyware program, you probably know that already. But basically be careful like the other people said, visit only sites you know, Mcafee siteadvisor is free for IE & Firefox, www.siteadvisor.com and it is a good addon that tells you whether the site you are on spams, has adware, etc. etc. or not by green, yellow, grey and red indicators. That's a good way to add a little bit more protection.

But for the most part, be careful.

Back
Top Bottom