Cannot save to server

joelbeveridge

In Runtime
I have one user on our windows 2003 server. Now that one user has all the same permissions to every drive as everyone else. Now the problem is this user cannot save to one of the files on the server, now they all have the permission to do whatever they want to the file. It keeps saying the drive is full- which i know 100% it's not. Everyone else can save to that file, and she is the only one that has the file open.

The only main thing we changed is- We moved the Shared users folders from default C: to D: could that make it crazy?

Oh and she has total connection to the server.
The file is not broken or anything becuase others can save to it.

Any help with this crazy problem?

Yes, moving a folder can have an impact on permissions, but I don't think that's the case. Is disk quota enabled? Possibly? I'm not sure what else to tell you to look for, other than simply take away the permissions, and add them back, and see if that works. It's Windows, so who knows for sure....;)

use the effective permisons tab under security, advanced. The user may be a member of a group that has a deny permison

bilbus said:
use the effective permisons tab under security, advanced. The user may be a member of a group that has a deny permison

I second this suggestion, go to sharing and security>security>advanced>Effective Permissions and type in her username. it will give you all effective persmissions for that user or group to that specific file/folder...

Back
Top Bottom