Windows blocking downloaded files off the internet

I would just do a reformat. If it happens again after you reformat, then it's hardware related problem most likely. When you do the reinstall of Windows, don't put any other junk on it at first. Just get Windows XP on the hard drive, motherboard drivers, sound. Then install your antivirus software next. After that you can go online and download Nvidia's latest driver and install that. Then perform Microsoft Update. After that, if you have firewall software you want to install, do that.

If anything, could it be at all related to maybe faulty memory or hard drive?

well ive had some problems with my memory so i got it replaced once already... and the ram i have now i havent had any problems with. not sure about the hard drive though? but virtually every time i get one of those BSoDs i get a file name with nv always in it.... most likely the nvidia driver.

i even tried downloading the trial copy of nod32 and i got the same windows screen popping up telling me something was corrupt. so then i tried to redownload avg....wont let me do that either. so now im stuck with just the nvidia firewall that came with the mobo and no antivirus! i am just going to have to do a system restore... hopefully if that solves the problem... if it doesnt i think ill go insane!

soo i just found an avg installer file from when i first built this computer.... i had it on a cd and i tried it and it installed it.... but how come it wouldnt do the same for the installer file off the internet? i think its something to do with a temporay internet file or option...

ahh to make matters worse... i keep getting BSoDs and i had the september issue of MaximumPC that described in detail the common BSoDs and how to fix them but i lost that issue!! but when i restart the pc after the BSoD windows usually sends an error report and sends me to a page on the internet that says it was caused by a device driver.. so i dont think it is a hardware problem. and to complicate things even further my computer just decided to shut off completely for some reason so i booted it up and went into the event viewer and heres what i found...
error.jpg

Could be a hard drive or memory fault again I'm afraid :(

Or something about security settings?...

Have you by any chance recently changed what runs in MSCONFIG at bootup etc manually?

nope i have not changed anything.... i seriosuly am hoping it is a hard drive fault because that would be really easy to take care of! heres what i got when i just got a recent bsod...

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

and the affected file was NVtcp.sys

i really wish i had that magazine because it had good info on how to read BSoDs and how to fix the problem.

ok i just got the same BSOD like 4 times in a row... and whenever i come back and check the event viewer in the control panel i always get these two message errors under the system tab...

1212.jpg

112.jpg

what does any of this mean??????? ahhh this is really annoying!

Back
Top Bottom