Quad Core's first arrivals!

Re: Quad Core Arrival Estimation

Is this the year the world blows up from QuadCore X2 Nuclear powered gaming machine? This stuff moves way to fast. Hopefully my 4200+ x2 will keep up in games, I think my P4 3.4HT will be done for soon?? who knows.

And I thought my Pentium 4, without HT, 2.4Ghz was good...HA! I need to upgrade..

ownage said:
Quad-Core is already here :)

yeah, but I think that it's going to come available to everyone in like q1 of 2007.
Atleast I think that Kentsfield will be released then, so that would be intels release date, don't know about amd...

What Processors are Quad Core then? I've been developing for too long I'm out the loop! Will Core 2 Duos be Quad Core then?

And Quad Cores are here as Ownage said, and its quite cheap :D I only paid £400 for my processors! Both of them! Of course I then paid through the nose for a motherboard... And any Extreme Edition will have four cores for a little bit more, plus a cheaper motherboard and they'll play games better than mine do!

Of course now I could get eight cores for the same £400 with the new Xeons and stuff... but I don't regret it :p

LK, quad cores as in 4 cores on one cpu, not 2 dual core cpus. ;) The new Core 2 Extreme (Kentsfield) will cost $999 in trays of 1000. So expect a little markup from there. They will be available by Q4 '06 And there are already places selling them for roughly $500 above retail, though, i'm not telling where :p

not really, since the having 4 processors on one cpu has less latency than two processors on two cpus. The two cpus also have to communicate with one another and that drives up latency through the roof.

Yep I believe Kentsfield is coming out rather soon. I think just like with the Radeon X something or other that was only out a month before the next came out, that the new dual core 2 intel CPU was just a push over until then, even if it is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom