how easy is my pc to hack into?

danagol said:
i have set up a hard drive password, and admin password, both (8 characters) and the usual account password (15 characters). can anyone tell me how easy would it be if someone found my laptop, to get it unlocked.

(dont worry theres nothing illegal on it but just alot of important flash files which take alot of work to make! not to mention over 31 gig of cartoons!)
Don't take offence, but we have had members try to get into, say, school/college computers, asking similar questions, can you assure us this isn't the case with you, perhaps you could tell us which college you are at?

I'm sure you'll understand that we have to take such precautions :)

DJ-CHRIS said:
Worst case scenario is I need to export the sam file to a USB drive, and crack it at home. My rainbow tables get 99% of passswords in under half an hour.

And if I can't do it, just need someone with larger tables, and i know where to get large passwords cracked ;)

Also, with the new U3 technolagy in flash drives and the way windows is built, apparently I can steal files without ever logging on, so I could copy the SAM file as the SYSTEM account to a usb drive.

Rainbow tables FTW

MarxSoccer said:
Look at who I quoted, he had already stated it :eek:
Hope I don't show myself up too much, I've said in the past, I'm no techie, you quoted twice, in posts 8 & 14, which one is relevant? & why?, I can only see that he was given details, that, if he followed them up, would, if he wished, enable him to crack security codes, if you can explain this, yes, I'll be embarrassed, but I will aso be satified that all is well, remember, you don't have to be technically minded to be a mod, & I admit I'm the least knowledgable of the eleven of us, but I hope I'm a good one..

Brookfield said:
Hope I don't show myself up too much, I've said in the past, I'm no techie, you quoted twice, in posts 8 & 14, which one is relevant? & why?, I can only see that he was given details, that, if he followed them up, would, if he wished, enable him to crack security codes, if you can explain this, yes, I'll be embarrassed, but I will aso be satified that all is well, remember, you don't have to be technically minded to be a mod, & I admit I'm the least knowledgable of the eleven of us, but I hope I'm a good one..
The, most, recent, one, was, relevent, all, you, had, to, do, is, look, up, a, post, or, two..

Brookfield said:
Great, if he is trying his chances, [& I say IF.] you've just opened Pandora's box for him.

Who cares, as long as the forum is not liable for people cracking into servers it's okay

I find it funny that we have a "hacking" forum yet you run around like everything involving security is evil

The word rainbow tables don't do you any good. Rainbow tables is not a program.

If you want a program to use rainbow tables with, I suggest this :D

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ophcrack

Back
Top Bottom