NEEW HELP! Sound Problems.

Liminator

In Runtime
NEED HELP! Sound Problems.

Recently I made a computer which currently is running Windows XP Professional, however I've been having problems with the surround sound. Whenever I try to run something like DC++ and play music at the same time, the music starts, crackles comes out of only one speaker and stops. Any ideas as to why this is?

I'm currently running an onboard video card and sound card, not sure what types though.

I looked into system information and found a conflict with IRQ 23 which supports devices "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" and the. "Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller"

Could this sharing be causing my problem?

OK thanks, I just needed reassurance from someone with authority. Any ideas as to which one I should get cheaply but would work well? Nearest stores to me are Best Buy and Circuit City if your going to make any suggestions. Thanks again.

I wouldn't make any suggestions cause I don't know a thing about sound cards. But there would be an advantage to a sound card because it would control itself rather than through the motherboard. They normally have better software and drivers, and they are perpuse built of course for surround sound. I would have thought even the cheapest one would fix the problem.

Back
Top Bottom