Photoshop brushes question

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I have a quick-ish, question, with some type of program, like CS2?, photoshop, for example,
When doing the layers, and working with brush(es'),
How does that work? Is the brush just like a background and a layer?
Im having a little bit of trouble understanding how to make a brush work, i have tried before but use'n a brush was just to simple..and i thought there had to be more to it?

Thanks guys!

consider the brush more of an object. when you place it on a layer you can move it around even after when placed, just as if you placed a picture of some kind onto a layer.

when you say you have a problem making the brush work, do you mean you don't know where to extract it to or how to open it in PS? or you mean you don't know how to resize, place, stretch, or place it in a different angle?

When you want to customize a brush, make a new layer, keep the background layer as is..When you laydown a brush on a new layer, you can do more things to it, move it around ,and do a gradient overlay, to make it look better...Nopt sure what yor question really is...Me and Ronco Rox, are like the only ones that ever post in here :rolleyes: everyone wanted it, but half them dont even post in here.

Yeah sorry about not having a clear question, its kinda hard to word it how i want, but yeah you both got the answers i wanted, so thank you! and thanks for the quick reply's :)

Ronco Rox~
Thats what i thought (that you could move it around), but not as a object as such. So it's picture, sorta... But yeah i get that now.

I know how to extract it/open it, I would say now I understand it heaps better, seems so simple to do tho! :confused:

G35x~
Thank you, yep thats what i thought,

Yeah its pretty dead..
I wanna post in here more, i was one of the people that wanted this section aswell(well i dunno if i posted but i was cheering for it to be made, supporting it)

I'll say it again but thanks HEAPS, Ronco Rox and G35x for your help :)
edit; i hope it worked, i just gave you both a postive rep

Thanks a lot, with the new layer, to me, the best thing is the gradient overlay..Makes the brush look so much better, this is a flame brush, but Im to lazy to make a custom falem gradient but check it out..

With just the background and no new layer, cant do nothiing with it..

untitled1pc4.jpg

But with the new layer, you can do this, I know its not amazing, but if u get the combo right, it looks amazing..

dao5.jpg

yea PS is pretty much endless with the brushes and layer details and options that can be done to everything. have you ever thought of how much code is in that program. o_O

G35x said:
Thanks a lot, with the new layer, to me, the best thing is the gradient overlay..Makes the brush look so much better, this is a flame brush, but Im to lazy to make a custom falem gradient but check it out..

With just the background and no new layer, cant do nothiing with it..

untitled1pc4.jpg

But with the new layer, you can do this, I know its not amazing, but if u get the combo right, it looks amazing..

dao5.jpg

Holy sugaaaaaa :eek: That's bloody awesome! No, it is pretty amazing :) They both are!
You really can be endless with the 'adding' to it(like layers/brushes etc)
Thats so awesome, i wanna try all that!(well like it!)
:eek: Darn you both! Darn you to i dunno! **
But really you should go farther into it, your good!

** Before i forget, what are you use'n, CS2? For that type up there, the layers?

geek_gal said:
Holy sugaaaaaa :eek: That's bloody awesome! No, it is pretty amazing :) They both are!
You really can be endless with the 'adding' to it(like layers/brushes etc)
Thats so awesome, i wanna try all that!(well like it!)
:eek: Darn you both! Darn you to i dunno! **
But really you should go farther into it, your good!

** Before i forget, what are you use'n, CS2? For that type up there, the layers?

Version dont really matter, you can do that in ps7, but Im suing cs2..got it for cheap ;)

Hey, you should try my tut out, no one has used it yet : :(

http://computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=43871

Back
Top Bottom