DS3 board & E6400 wont boot to cd?

vivithemage

Beta member
I cant boot the dang thing to CD!

I have a 320gig seagate on the SATA and the IDE cable is connected to my LITEON DVDRW drive and it wont boot to CD...even when I tell bios to.

I have F4e version of this board. I cant get to the F12 options either, or the F9 when it boots, just the DEL into bios...should this be a problem?

I also have tried two other CDs and 2 other IDE drives....all were detected in bios, whats the deal?

It gets passed bios and all I see is a blinking line...

Did you double check the jumpers on the back of the DVD drive? Make sure it's set to Master and added to the Primary IDE slot on the motherboard. Make sure you set the boot order to boot from the DVD drive just for the hell of it.

If you tried using two different drives and they manage to boot off the CD, why not use those? The LiteOn drive might be faulty.

The Liteon is on Master, it is also detected in bios as slave, CS, Master jumpers set. I was never able to boot from any of the CD rom drives, I was just clarifying I was able to detect others in bios, as well as this one. It just goes from the detecing IDE stuff then to a blinking line after it detects it all.

I have CDRom as the only boot, you cant specify a certain drive, its general.

Try setting up the DVD drive on the Secondary chennel to see what happens. Again, set it as Master. So how many drives do you have hooked up to your PC? One SATA hard drive and one DVD RW drive?

I found out what it was...after you upgrade, make sure to do RESET DEFAULT OPTIONS (optimized or fail safe).

In the BIOS? I was going to say reset CMOS by taking out the battery on the motherboard if nothing else worked, but resetting it in their to default would've been easier I guess.

Back
Top Bottom