Firefox 1 Ie7 0

lmao, firefox is killing ie right now.. maybe things will change once vista is released.. but, probably not.

kchi55 said:
lmao, firefox is killing ie right now.. maybe things will change once vista is released.. but, probably not.

Not completely true. Internet Explorer still performs better than Firefox with Java and Flash. It also loads faster, due to the fact it's integrated into Windows.

If you don't like Internet Explorer, try out the Maxthon Browser. It uses the IE engine, but is better. It has tons of features, just as many as Firefox, but doesn't suffer the same problems that Firefox does with Java or Flash heavy sites. It hardly uses any resources too. When I have it out, it only uses about 5,000k of resources, whereas Firefox uses about 24,000k when I have it out.

Also, you should try Internet Explorer 7 then. One of the reasons why it's been getting so much more attention than Firefox 2.0 is because it's so much better and so much different compared to Firefox, so Firefox just looks bland in comparison. Especially the changes to the UI.

i dunno, one of the main reasons why i don't like using ie7.. is that.. it didn't work on my computer just until recently.. i found my nvidia firewall was blocking ie7, so it made me wonder why it would do that. yeah i know what you mean alvino, it bugs me when theres IE only websites, firefox definitely has drawbacks, i like the clean look of firefox, but maybe i'll give ie7 a try, now that someone gave me some decent reasons to do so. thanks lol.

Well firewall programs aren't always perfect. Some block programs mistakenly, and some always bug you with, "Would you like to allow program XYZ from operating, blah, blah, blah." *AHEM* ZoneAlarm *AHEM* :p

you know what i think? i think microsoft should just ditch ie and make soem deal with mozzilla and integrate firefox into windows. but thatll never happen lol

Why would they ditch Internet Explorer?

If you want to use Firefox, install it. It's not like Microsoft is preventing you from doing so, or making some patch that prevents Firefox from running at full capacity.

G35x Thank you for clearing that up and not giving me a hard time. And thats pretty funny that now im on the right page.

cileskot said:
you know what i think? i think microsoft should just ditch ie and make soem deal with mozzilla and integrate firefox into windows. but thatll never happen lol
Yeah, that will sure happen. Most of the computer users actually use Internet Explorer now and Microsoft is making its fortune off of it.

Well most just don't care about what browser they use. My dad uses Internet Explorer too...he could care less. Just as long as he can send e-mails and do his daily internet work, he's happy as can be.

Back
Top Bottom