Ideas..please look!

G35x

Golden Master
For american history ap, the teacher wants us to write a page, and she wants us to tell her, 3 things that we are the most intrested in, what you know about it, and why? I havent had history since 9th grade, this is 11th, 1 year, and I forgot almost everything...Anyhow, I wanna do some good stuff, any of you have any good ideas, and if so, maybe write somethings about it...So that I can get an idea, never been a history fan, I dont even know about any of the wars and shit...Just dont care for some reason..I was thinking

Martin Luther King..I can just BS, look online, and find some info, and say I know it...I already know about him, but nothing in depth..

Civil war?

and Im not sure...Can you guys help me out?

uh...i'm taking ap history this year too and i haven't had american history since 9th grade.. so i guess our curriculum is the same.. lol.. it sucks
uh, try .. the industrial revolution - basically a time in the united states where factories were up all over the place and the economy was booming, gilded age - just as the name suggests, a time where the government's corruption was camoflauged by lies and fabrications of success, manifest destiny - western expansion, you could elaborate on the acquisition of the territory of louisiana from napoleon, american revolution?.. self explanatory, and since this is a euro/american forum, i'm sure you can get both sides of the story relatively easily, imperialism in hawaii, cold war between russia.. that's all i can really think of off the top of my head..

You my friend are amazing, rep point! You mind explaining more of the industrial revoultion, and no, dont flame me, Im not dumb, or I wouldnt be in ap, but I just dont care about history, and if you dont, I understand, ill just do a quick google then.

She wants a whole typed page :rolleyes:

well i actually wrote a paper on the industrial revolution, i'll try and find it, it's on my other computer.. i think.

Wow, Im such a dumass, Ive become a google whore, I always, well never go to wikpedia...Thanks mark..Hey, do we have any good gramar people here, would it be safe to post my essay, when its done, for some corrections gramar wise, I wanna make a good impression, since its the 1st week of school.

shit well, i can't find it, apparently after leaving that computer alone for about half a year made it stop cooperating with me. uh.. lets see.. a brief summary of what i still remember.. basically the industrial revolution started off with tycoons like rockefeller and carnegie, they ran the oil companies and steel factories respectively. steel industry was made possible by the bessemer process, which greatly hightened the efficiency of steel production and thats how carnegie made it big, rockefeller.. well he was just lucky i guess. um, despite the growing economy, the gap between rich and poor grew bigger cuz the poor people couldn't find many jobs, especially american born people since immigrants were coming in working for cheaper.. i think.. they lived in tenement buildings, which were basically large apartment complexes fitting hundreds of people in it, the only thing was that it was in the worst part of the city, with sewage and feces every where and each complex had one public bathroom. so the poor had a rough time and all and child labor was still in effect, the minimum wage kept the poor in debt and kept the rich well.. rich. that's all i can really recall... i don't even remember what year this was in, but you can find out pretty easily.. uh yeah hope it helps. school doesn't start for me until monday. lol

[edit] i'll revise it, i don't mind.

G35x said:
Wow, Im such a dumass, Ive become a google whore, I always, well never go to wikpedia...Thanks mark..Hey, do we have any good gramar people here, would it be safe to post my essay, when its done, for some corrections gramar wise, I wanna make a good impression, since its the 1st week of school.

heh.. ill have a look at it when im more awake if you want.. not saying im great at grammar, lol, and ill prolly get confused by all the americainisms, but ill have a look at it for ya..
wikpedia is a great site.. ive 'borrowed' many articles off there to do coursework around.. whens it in for?

I have to hand it in on Monday, but I might as well knock it off tonite.

Back
Top Bottom