Some questions about process threading

firemouse

Beta member
I have a few questions about processes that thread. . My first question is what kind of program would benifit using multi threading over single threading. My second is if a process is shut down or suspended, do the threads get shutdown/suspended as well? Any help is appreciated!

firemouse said:
I have a few questions about processes that thread. . My first question is what kind of program would benifit using multi threading over single threading. My second is if a process is shut down or suspended, do the threads get shutdown/suspended as well? Any help is appreciated!
Well... most stuff :p Windows itself in the first place. Photoshop, Office Programs, any Windows based program. I think Windows does thread management on its own too, I have four threads on my Task Manager and it never gets to the point where it is unbalanced. If an application isn't threaded you can only have that process on one core though I have noticed. If something hangs up it will hit 25% core useage and never get any further.

But yeah, any mix of programs will take advantage of it. Big Programs too, like Photoshop, Office, stuff like that. Games... don't tend to, but you can get those that do... I think :p

Back
Top Bottom