Heya people! i need your help!

Sure you cant talk to them over the phone, but they have a GREAT chat support system.

Natalya said:
What about Toshiba?

Toshiba makes some good brands, but if something goes awry, don't expect good support. Toshiba got a 'F' rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB). The customer service is extremely unresponsive.

The Dell Inspiron E1505 or E1705 are my personal recommendations. Very nicely balanced for the money.

I buying the DELL 6400 literally tonight! Curo Duo, 1.6Ghz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD, 15.4" Widescreen, with truelife..built in wireless/bluetooth, etc..£600! I would always go with DELL for laptops..

given your job I think that you should arrive with an Ibook and see what everyone says!!!

honestly I'd go for a Sony VAIO, well constructed, powerful, light, good screens, (the x-black surface means you really can use them in direct sunlight), the batteries last a decent amount of time.. they have prety much all I'd ever be looking for in a laptop. (plenty of connectivity as well. built in Duo reader, built in wireless, built in firewire, (ont available on most laptops I've seen)...

the SZ series is pretty great, trouble is if you buy direct from sony it's expensive, but if you search around you'll probably find one of those within budget...

Yeah, Sony laptops have some great designs. Right now, I wouldn't buy a laptop from them, considering the battery problems they've been having.

I would prefer an HP. Just check out their website. It's loaded with support info. Even if you can't find what you're looking for, they have support numbers posted all over the place. I have an HP/Compaq laptop and fortunately for me, I don't have a need to call them up, hehe. So good.

Sonly laptops got these new biometric recognition system which is really neat. My roommate has one and it reads your fingerprint to access the laptop. Neat stuff. I still won't get a Sony though because it's too proprietary. I hate their memory stick slot since I don't have any use for it. I use all SD and micro SD cards which fit in my HP/Compaq laptop perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom