Yahoo chat question/problem

papethova

Baseband Member
I built this computer last year and it has worked flawlessly all these months but now I'm having a problem.

Whenever I enter a yahoo chat room the pc restarts itself. The computer works fine as long as I dont enter a yahoo chat room, I can enter AIM chat rooms but as soon as I enter a yahoo chat room my screen goes black and the pc restarts. Previously I was able to enter the yahoo chat rooms but since yesterday I have had this problem.

Ad-aware scans and NAV scans come up clean.

Any ideas??

I dont need to access these rooms, but I'd like to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a batch file that is set to restart what yim.exe (thats it right?) when the program is opened.

If it is that case... I have absolutly no idea how to get rid of that, because its not adware and its not a virus.

Only thing I can think of is a system reformat but trust me that should be last option.

I would definetly try google..

I have tried google and I cant find anything. I get an error report after the PC restarts and here are the details if anyone can make sense of it. This is over my head.

Error signature:
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00162AA4 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : BAA5A7F3 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

Files included in error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\Allen\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbe53.dir00\Mini090706-03.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Allen\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERbe53.dir00\sysdata.xml

I have tried the system restore point and after restoring it seemed like the chat room window stayed open for a longer period of time (5-10 secs) but then restarted again.

Do this..

Start > controle panel > internet options > general > browsing history > delete > Temporary internet files

Then give it a go.

ArrizX said:
Do this..

Start > controle panel > internet options > general > browsing history > delete > Temporary internet files

Then give it a go.
Do that, but make sure you restart your pc after you do it.

Back
Top Bottom