Question about installing a internal Cd burner

gangster

BSOD
Could someone please help me I just bout an internal cd burner for my computer because the computer that I have did not come with a Cd burner so I was wondering if I could Just take the Cd Drive out of my computer and put the Cd burner in and hook the cords up that was hooked up to my old Cd drive and swith the cords to my new Cd burner. If I confused anyone then let me explan it a little better all im trying to say is could I just take my old Cd drive out and replace it with my new Cd burner using the same cords that was hook up to my old Cd Drive. Thanks

Yeah, that will work, just make sure the jumpers are set up correctly, if you only have one drive, it should be on master, if you have two, it should go master, then the second one is a slave...

Personally I'd hook the new one up to your CD's IDE's Secondary Plug. There should be another plug further down the ribbon which will look the same. And there's bound to be another power cable somewhere. Just stick the new one in the second drive bay :D Two drives never get useless.

that's the best solution, and the CD-Burner was the best investment i made on my old computers because i did'nt want to eat up all the space on the hhd. i just like the fact that everything i ever downloaded , i have backed up on CD or DVD.

yep, that's all you need to do. a cd rom is no different from a cdrw in it's internal connectors and such.

Back
Top Bottom