Alaskan Pipeline shutdown

mongoman said:
i see everone choose to ignore my comment
You said this once before, it's the nature of forums, not everyone makes comments on everybody elses post, you're not being ignored friend, lol.

Brookfield said:
You said this once before, it's the nature of forums, not everyone makes comments on everybody elses post, you're not being ignored friend, lol.

i didn't say that before :confused: and i pretty much blurted that out because i wanted to see what people thought about what i said

PerfectSK said:
The point I made previously was that the ends don't justify the means. You're just creating another landfill, a radioactive landfill if I might add.

You raise a good point, but thats why space exploration is needed. Instant incineration into the sun would be nice. The sun is so hot the electrons would be instantly stripped from the molecules, the nucleus would explode releasing a storm of protons and neutrons, all things we wouldn't even notice. Instantly de-radioactivating (is that a word? lol) our radioactive waste.

Obviously this is far fetched now as it cost about a million dollars per pound of cargo carried into space. But the idea of a space carbon nano-fiber tube has been proposed before. Withable to withstand extreme heat, and tear, if launched in orbit between the moon and the sun, we would simply only need to get waste to the end of the tube oribiting between the moon and sun, rather then sending and wasting a perfectly good solar sail into the sun. The immense gravity of the sun would pull the waste through the tube, and would increase proportionally as it moved a long.

The answer lies in space. The final frontier. The never ending vast wasteland of invaluable resources that not even the human race could use up.

I like this proposed idea of a nano-fiber carbon tube.

Im going to have to do some research on this!

However, do we have the resources to build one that streches from here to the sun?

the sun we spin around? how would you possibly get something to stretch from here to the sun while we go around it? lol

Ok, wow that sucks, my dad was up there welding on the pipeline for 6 months when they first built it.

Ida closed it, but that was a pretty interesting post, so im hoping something will spark out of this.

Back
Top Bottom