PS3 European Launch DELAYED

UK31337

Fully Optimized
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/5319190.stm

http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content/Detail.asp?ReleaseID=4268&NewsAreaID=2

Well done, Sony. You've just given me the convincing I need to shove my debit card in Nintendo or Microsoft's direction.

Why should we be forced to wait until March, and then get charged through the nose? The US and Japan can probably get the whole machine, with all bling and strings attached, for $400 = ~£200

We'll probably get ripped off and charged £400 = ~$800 for the cheap and nasty version.

All aboard the last train to Bankruptland! Sony have really fouled up this time.

UK31337 said:
Well done, Sony. You've just given me the convincing I need to shove my debit card in Nintendo or Microsoft's direction.

Why should we be forced to wait until March, and then get charged through the nose? The US and Japan can probably get the whole machine, with all bling and strings attached, for $400 = ~£200

We'll probably get ripped off and charged £400 = ~$800 for the cheap and nasty version.

All aboard the last train to Bankruptland! Sony have really fouled up this time.

My money was going to nintendo anyway...
March means that they are going to miss the christmas season! (shame) and it means that the Xbox will have a year's headstart, (and IIRC) the technologies inside arn't too disimillar that would make a years wait worth the wait.
apparantly this delay is being partially blamed on the world wide recal of Dell laptop batteries (which may explode) that were manufactured by Sony.

I've no doubt that we'd have to wait a little longer that the US/Japan. world wise release is a nice concept, but the allmighty rush for Xbox2's kind of prooved that no manufacturer can manufacture enough to cope with the world wide lust for games stations.

I also have no doubts that we'd get ripped off as well. but that's just a part of living in britain right?

Though through all of this, I really doubt that Sony will be goign bankrupt any time soon...
though I imagine that share prices will take a huge plummet today.

Well, haha, Sony are definietly doomed now. They'll be people that'll buy it since they've been with Sony all their lives, but the people that might have been won over by the console won't be anymore, so they've lost an entire fan base.

Is it just me, or were they laughing about the delays with the Microsoft XBOX 360? And yet, to me, thats had a much better launch than this has!

And I have a feeling were going to have problems when its released over the Blu-Ray drives too going belly up, etc.

Plus, what makes it worse is the fact the only thing really going for the Ps3 and Xbox 360 is the graphics, and the games aren't impressing me in that standpoint, what so ever!
The Wii can deliver something more (I thought I'd be on the PS3/Xbox 360 side, but I'm not).
The graphics just aren't good enough on Next Gen because of all this HD lark, so aren't a very big jump from what we had before in terms of polygon count, etc, so if thats all thats going for them...haha...

UK31337 said:

Well i live in the US, and one thing...the price wasnt going to be $800 for the system, and we do not know if its going to be delayed or not..but the price for the system here (launch price, already confirmed) was 499, for the 40gig hdd, without blueray, and then 599, for 60gig hdd, with blueray.

sony.. won't be going bankrupt anytime soon. though the playstation is a big part of their company, it hardly controls the future success of sony. they'll lose money in europe, but the japanese and american enthusiasts will fuel sony with the required funds until then.

I have a feeling they'll do pretty good despite the delay. You'll see. THeir Playstation line is too popular to just dismiss. People will get it no matter how much it costs. Especially here in the US, people can afford it. Haha, I'm getting one as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Spec said:
Well i live in the US, and one thing...the price wasnt going to be $800 for the system, and we do not know if its going to be delayed or not..but the price for the system here (launch price, already confirmed) was 499, for the 40gig hdd, without blueray, and then 599, for 60gig hdd, with blueray.

fair prices IMO.. theres an awful lot of techology in them..

to be honest, im not suprised its been delayed.. a release like that is very hard to organise, a good example of big releases being put back is visita.. theres always going to be little glitches, and they need to try to get as many of these out before the final release... with things like this, visita or anything like that, i always wait at least 6 months - a year before buying them, that way theres a higher chance of the product actually working properley.. with something that advanced, there will always be mods needed..

hahaha, thats it tbh.

PS3 have very little in the way of single titles only on the PS3 having just lost GTA series to be shared 50-50 with the 360, 360 has the whole christmas season to enjoy all the sales. People wont wait till March, or if they do, just wait for the looming price updates.

LOL Thanks god i have a 360!

The ps2 was a very unreliable console - and its just going to happen again with the ps3, they are having massive Blue Ray diode problems which means faulty machines galore - just u wait.

Also if you think about it, they are concentrating on US and Japan, haha - they are not rewarding UK and Europe sales - so why the hell should Playstation fans stay loyal to a company which

a)is charging extortiante prices for a similar console to 360
b)dont reward consumer loyalty by releasing at their promises!

!!!!

Haha, get yourselves a 360 guys!

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/default.stm?dynamic_vote=ON#vote_indexvote_PS3

Go to this page and look at the vote has it put you off buying a PS3

and just look!!!!

2/3 been put off!!!

rember when all this crap was happening with the 360 too? the drive problems?

this sort of stuff will happen with any big release..

Back
Top Bottom