How to tell how many fps your webcaming at?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
How can one tell how many fps (frames per second) you are currently running at while webcaming? I have a webcam which is supposed to be a 30fps one, but the video in my conversation window (of both myself and my contact) is kind of delayed/choppy, and really not that good quality. Using Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812.00) with a Logitech Communicate STX webcam on Windows XP Home fully patched and most up to date webcam driver. I have Verizon FIOS at 5Mbps download and 2Mbps upload. I have 2GB RAM, and an Nvidia FX 5500 PCI video card with 256MB ram on it, set at high quality.

fraps might be able to do it, but it would only show the fps of the screen that u are viewing. So if u want to know how fast ur webcam is sending the other person should be running fraps.

And I've never tested fraps with webcams, but atleast it pops up if I view a video file on my media player, so it's worth giving it a try.

X1337 said:
fraps only works with "3d" games. Google it

works with movie files too. Atleast used to work, havent tested in a while since I don't have fraps anymore.

Back
Top Bottom