removing junkware/spyware/tweaks

dambro24

Beta member
hi just joined the forum and just purchased a compaq presariov5000. now best buy told me that i could have all the spyware software and extra junk programs taking off as well as a porformance tweaks done at a set price. i have a ppc6700 sprint cell phone and got into hacking and tweaking that but have never looked into tweaking and removing the junkware/spyware that comes on a computer.i know most people do it with a compter before a cell phone but i guess i am the aception. anyway.
1.)does anyone know what is preloaded on this machine?
2.)how i can get into the machine and remove this junk to make the machine run as efficent as posssible. ?

links are weclome if anyone has direct links to others websites speaking directly about the presario v5000 and junkware/spyware

thanks in advance

Not sure what is installed, but you can check out what is installed from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. You can also uninstall these programs there. To further tweak the system, you can use msconfig to disable any additional startup programs. Whatever you do, don't let BB do it for you- Geek Squad:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom