Gallery: Your Workstation

slayer322 said:
id say wait for the PS3, dual HD TV

Nope. The PS3 only has one HDMI port. That's the most expensive version too ($599).

Becides, did you really think they could pull off displaying 1080p or 1080i on TWO HDTV's with decent frames? Hah, try not to fall for Kutaragi's hype. Becides, even IF they pulled off two HDTV display simultaneously, who do you think would even buy two HDTV's for that? Think about it...who? The PS3 is already expensive enough, the games will be expensive, and you think consumers will shell out MORE money just for two HDTV's?!

I could go on and on how Sony has way overhyped the PS3, but just a word of wisdom: Sony is the King of Hype. ;) They seriously are! Look at Ken Kutaragi and his zealous comments. 100FPS games? A 4D Matrix online experience? His parents probably dropped him when he was a baby. :rolleyes:

Becides, the Xbox 360 has all the multimedia capabilites I need, and more.

I see that they have recently dropped the dual DHMI but im sure theres much more that we can go on about the 360 being over hyped and extremely different than Microsoft had promised.

Actually, there wasn't anything that Microsoft didn't promise, it was just really a bombshell when they decided to do the different SKU packages with the Core and Premium packages. It actually wasn't too overhyped. Sure, their E3 2005 showing wasn't too strong, but at least they didn't pull of some stupid pre-rendered Killzone crap. :rolleyes:

Yes, that video was pre-rendered.

That wasn't hype. Microsoft debunked that rumor. Hell, they never even commented on the Xbox 360's HD-DVD staus until E3 2006, when Peter Moore showcased the external HD-DVD drive to the press.

You can thank the rumor mills for all that stuff about internal HD-DVD drives and all that.

slayer322 said:
I see that they have recently dropped the dual DHMI but im sure theres much more that we can go on about the 360 being over hyped and extremely different than Microsoft had promised.
speak for yourself :eek:

alvino said:
Actually, there wasn't anything that Microsoft didn't promise, it was just really a bombshell when they decided to do the different SKU packages with the Core and Premium packages. It actually wasn't too overhyped. Sure, their E3 2005 showing wasn't too strong, but at least they didn't pull of some stupid pre-rendered Killzone crap. :rolleyes:

Yes, that video was pre-rendered.

the dumbest thing to do in a ps3 vs. xbox360 argument is to pretend that one side is perfect and the other completely sucks. microsoft has done stupid things in its xbox360 launch and will continue to do so, similarily sony is going to dumb things before during and after the launch in november. its inevitable, so why do people become so defensive about the topic, why cant you just accept that microsoft has made a mistake or sucks in a certain aspect and sony in another?

I know. I never said Microsoft didn't do anything stupid. If you ask me, the Xbox 360 is probably one of the gaming industry's worst kept secrets. There were so many things that were leaked about it, some true and some not.

At least Microsoft didn't superhype it like Sony did, or Ken Kutaragi (the "father" of the PlayStation)to be exact.

Whatevers...I digress...

This whole topic was changed from me wondering about HDTV's and a future Xbox 360 when Slayer322 decided to hijack the topic with a "why don't you get this instead." :rolleyes: I never asked if I should get a PS3 or a Xbox 360, I was asking about JTom's TV connected to his Xbox 360. After Slayer posted, we all went off topic and started on this whole PS3 vs. Xbox 360 thing. Whatevers...

Anyways, I think I'll just buy a VGA cable and buy some new speakers or something...

good call, before i got my tv, i bought the microsoft vga cable, either or man, you cant go wrong with the xbox 360 in my eyes, its a great investment, and very fun.

alvino said:
Nope. The PS3 only has one HDMI port. That's the most expensive version too ($599).

Becides, did you really think they could pull off displaying 1080p or 1080i on TWO HDTV's with decent frames? Hah, try not to fall for Kutaragi's hype. Becides, even IF they pulled off two HDTV display simultaneously, who do you think would even buy two HDTV's for that? Think about it...who? The PS3 is already expensive enough, the games will be expensive, and you think consumers will shell out MORE money just for two HDTV's?!

I could go on and on how Sony has way overhyped the PS3, but just a word of wisdom: Sony is the King of Hype. ;) They seriously are! Look at Ken Kutaragi and his zealous comments. 100FPS games? A 4D Matrix online experience? His parents probably dropped him when he was a baby. :rolleyes:

Becides, the Xbox 360 has all the multimedia capabilites I need, and more.

i'm gonna get the ps3 nomatter what. i'm a playstation dude :D

Back
Top Bottom