Which laptop to get (ACER OR ASUS)

edbtzy

Baseband Member
ok ive posted multiple threads and now i kinda narrowed down my options for laptops but now im stuck...REALLY STUCK between acers and asus' because im seing multiple systems by acers coming with x1600 + 2gb RAM for cheaper price then asus...take a look and tell me which one would u guys buy.....(im scared acer isnt that great of a company)

or possibly if there are any other GREAT laptops outthere for the same price???? I DNT KNO IM SO CONFUSED!!!

Acer TravelMate TM4674WLMi NoteBook Intel Core Duo T2500(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB DDR2 533 120GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 - $1,559.99 -

Acer TravelMate TM4674WLMi-ATI X1600 NoteBook Intel Core Duo T2500(2.00GHz) 15.4" Wide XGA 2GB DDR2 533 120GB 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - Retail - $1,549.99 -

ASUS W3J-H026P NoteBook Intel Core Duo T2500(2.00GHz) 14" Wide XGA 1GB DDR2 667 100GB 5400rpm DVD±R/RW ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 - $1,798.99 - <---like this a lot but not sure

ASUS Z96J Notebook 15.4 inch WSXGA+ (1680x1050) Glossy LCD w/ 1.3MP Webcam 2.00GHz 2.16GHz Intel® Core™ Duo T2600 w/2MB L2 Cache - 667FSB 1.0GB DDR2-667MHz Memory (1x1024MB-Single Channel) ATI MR X1600 256MB Solid Video RAM 100GB 7,200 rpm SATA/150 HDD (+$125.00) - $1,719 -

can u give me a good reason why??? are acer laptops good because i really never heard about acer till recently when they started to come out with desktops and all...

well, ive heard good things about acer before so im sure theyre alright/. i would choose the second one ebcause its exactly the same as the first acer, except the video card is even better. also, it has more ram than both of the asuses and for a better price. if you really ned something smaller than 15.4 inches though, you could get the first asus if yoiu are willing to sacrifice a better price and a gig of ram. but i would still say that the second acer is the best deal.

i'd get the second acer. it doesn't lose to the asus one in gfx or processor and has more ram and more storage space (rpms are same). the screen is also larger and it is for 200 dollars less.. acer is alot more known for their notebooks than asus is. if you want an asus product, get a motherboard, not a notebook.

i'd go with the second 1...pretty much the same as the 1st but with different graphics and its cheaper.

right now im reading up on a lot of reviews for the Acer TravelMate TM4674WLMi and a lot of them are saying that the screen size is messed up and quality isnt good...battery life sucks...and it gets REALLY hot...lol i hate doing all this its confusing!!!

plus u think 1GB is good enough ??? because i really dnt open up like 10 power hungry programs at once...but i ocassionaly have the tendancy to click a lot and expect a fast response :)

or possibly u guys no of ne good laptops out there for almost the same price??? pleasE???

well if you're not planning on doing intense gaming or anything, 1 gb is enough for todays applications. it's reaching a point where it's becoming standard, and people with 512mb ram still get by. if you really like the ASUS notebook, go for it, but i still think the acer one is the ' better bang for your buck ' regardless of the mentioned defects.

im just really scared that im gnna get it and not like it at all...i just want somehtin fast reliable GOOD and something that will last me...lol ive been looking around for almost a month and i cant decide which one to get lol

i'd look into the defects more, if the majority of consumers are complaining about it, i guess i'd just stay away from it, a fast computer isn't worth anything if it starts melting i guess lol. the asus notebook just seems a bit over priced compared to the acer one though, i'd keep looking, dell has good deals every now and then on their inspiron line, and the xps line is very nice. i own a lower end dell laptop, and it does what it advertises so i'm satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom