winword.exe trojan

you could just go get openoffice.org :) it's free and better than office in my opinion

ok but seriously..... when I had office I had that problem and never knew why, it was only when I had outlook minimized to the tray or running in the background. Eventually I uninstalled MS office and went with openoffice.org

He doesn't have a problem with microsoft office.

He has a trojan virus named WINWORD.EXE, Not a problem with microsoft office. Just find the origin of the virus with a search, do a scan with AVG or whatever virus program you have of that directory, and get rid of it. Its a virus, not a bomb. lol.

xguynameddavex said:

He has a trojan virus named WINWORD.EXE, Not a problem with microsoft office. Just find the origin of the virus with a search, do a scan with AVG or whatever virus program you have of that directory, and get rid of it. Its a virus, not a bomb. lol.
He says he has run all these:

housecall.trendmicro.com
www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html
www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virusscan.aspx
support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml
www.thefreecountry.com/security/antivirus.shtml

Yet the problem persists??

Mate if that lot can't pick up a virus that was first detected in 2005 then they wouldn't still be in business.

If the winword.exe is an executable, then it wouldnt be detected, if the virus scanners see winword.exe, it is going to assume it is just microsoft word.

Hense the evil genius of it.

Back
Top Bottom