The thread of no meaning..

setishock said:
Ah but Specsan, just because you were not there to observe the event does not mean it did not occur. Furthermore grasshopper, the same reasoning applies to the big bang. We were not there to obsever it, yet it did happen.

But Setishock we certainly know that our universe exists, however, this knowledge alone has not satisfied mankind's quest for further understanding. Our curiosity has led us to question our place in this universe and furthermore, the place of the universe itself. Throughout time we have asked ourselves these questions: How did our universe begin? How old is our universe? How did matter come to exist? Obviously, these are not simple questions and throughout our brief history on this planet much time and effort has been spent looking for some clue. Yet, after all this energy has been expended, much of what we know is still only speculation.
Keyword: Speculation.:)

For pissing off arrizx by making fun of the fact steve irwin died. arrizx warned him to stop posting about it, and distortion completely ignored him.

It's not just that he pissed Arrizx off, Distortion made rude and disrespectful comments that were very insulting and was dealt with accordingly. He's off for a month

Spec said:
But Setishock we certainly know that our universe exists, however, this knowledge alone has not satisfied mankind's quest for further understanding. Our curiosity has led us to question our place in this universe and furthermore, the place of the universe itself. Throughout time we have asked ourselves these questions: How did our universe begin? How old is our universe? How did matter come to exist? Obviously, these are not simple questions and throughout our brief history on this planet much time and effort has been spent looking for some clue. Yet, after all this energy has been expended, much of what we know is still only speculation.
Keyword: Speculation.:)

The fact of the matter is perception.

We cannot live out day without at least percieving something as it is, deciding how to take it, and concluding with a thought.

When we go on with our day, we take in all information and we make a decision about it, we store it, or we dont store it.

The question is, is the human race the only race smart enough to think about these things? (as far as we know, only scepticle because of language barriers between human and animal) are we the only race that is deemed capable of percieving these things?

"It is the question that drives us, the question that moves us."

We cannot make a solid answer for the question:

"If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Because of the following:

1. Nothing is 100% percent, nothing, even if you see it done right before your eyes, perception and opinion of all other human beings cause it to NEVER be 100%.

2. The unknown cannot have an answer, if there is nothing to prove it, then the relative answer cannot be "no". Thats impossible, thats like making a major scientific discovery without anyone making the scientific discovery! lol.

3. We can find evidence of the tree falling, we can assume that it made a noise when falling, or we can decipher the actual meaning of the word "sound" and catagorize it as something only a human can interprate, but that does not change the fact that no one was there, so no one will ever know.

Trees fall. Fact or Fiction? Trees make a noise when falling. Fact or fiction?

No one will know, because nothing is 100%. No one opinion is any stronger than another opinion because no human (when going down the basis of humanity) is no more important than any other human. so if i decide to say, "NO! Trees don't fall." Even if 100 people line up to tell me im wrong, then those 100 individual opinions will not change mine, therefor making the statement of the tree falling 99.99999% percent correct.

Who has the right to tell fact from fiction, and make the entire human race follow?

No one.

Why is our moon just called 'Moon' and every other planets moon has a name.?

Why do we wash bathrobes when we are clean when we use them?

ThePower said:
Why do we wash bathrobes when we are clean when we use them?

I like it..I do wear mine in the morning though, and at night..we call them dressing gowns here..

Why is our moon just called 'Moon' and every other planets moon has a name.?

That's a good question, it should get a name since all the other stars in the sky get a name, i think when Neil Armstrong stepped onto it, Nasa should have said to him, "you now can give her a name".

Back
Top Bottom