WMP Movies in black and white

GreySteelFox

In Runtime
All the movies I play in WMP are black and white! All I've installed is the latest DivX codecs and even before that it was still black and white, wtf? I reinstalled XP pro a few days ago also but it was black and white then i think.

You got a DVD Decoder? I'm assuming you're watching DVD's.

But regardless, try K-Lite Codec Pack. Uninstall all other codecs first though. K-Lite will make your life simple and easy.

It seems that they arent in black in white but the contrast is so low that its almost black and white. How do I raise the contrast in WMP. And the movies I watch are just internet videos.

Alrighty, it looks like you have an nVidia GPU, sooo... right click your desktop, go to properties, click the settings tab, go to advanced
clipboard01gb7.png

And go there, make sure you set it to apply changes to overlay and not desktop, Then start a video and start playing with the sliders there.

Just did that but its still in black and white! :mad: I googled it and it said I needed to identify the bad codec and uninstall it. How the fugde do I do that?!? This is such a iritating bug or whatever.

I figured out what causes WMP movies to play in black and white, the 1.37 nvidia drivers are what caused it. If anyone has these same problems, just uninstall the drivers and download the 91.31 drivers and hopefully it works.

I had the same problem. All of my videos started playing in black and white. I finally noticed that the setting for my Nvidia card got screwed up somehow. It appears the Nvidia settings over ride the WMP settings for color (I did not know this). No matter how I adjusted the WMP color settings it would play in black and white. I have the 91.47 driver. I went to the Nvidia control panel, there you can choose to adjust the "display" settings or the "video and television" settings. For whatever reason my video and telivision settings had gone to the bottom on color and contrast making all my videos play in black and white. I adjusted them back up and I have color again. It makes me mad that it was so simple cause I did a ton of searching on google and some other forums and came up with nothing. I still do not know exactly why the settings changed, but I do know it happened after I installed the SP2 update.

Back
Top Bottom