What Are You Currently Listening to?

Re: Another What Are You Currently Listening to? Thread

nothing wrong with metal..

Arch Enemy - Enemy Within

Haha, Mike, I tend to agree with you on alot of things, but Death Metal - shit? No way. I'll agree to the extent that some DM bands are pretty awful, but there's quite a few out there who are actually talented and not a bunch of long haired, make-up wearing teenagers screaming about being Satans bitch. Check out bands like Trauma, Nile and Decapitated, pretty much the best Death Metal out there these days.

No worries about the double post by the way.

Currently listening: Trauma - Frozen

The Who - Eminence Front

A real band.

Slayer said:
Haha, Mike, I tend to agree with you on alot of things, but Death Metal - shit? No way. I'll agree to the extent that some DM bands are pretty awful, but there's quite a few out there who are actually talented and not a bunch of long haired, make-up wearing teenagers screaming about being Satans bitch. Check out bands like Trauma, Nile and Decapitated, pretty much the best Death Metal out there these days.

No worries about the double post by the way.

Currently listening: Trauma - Frozen
from an instrumental standpoint death metal is quite good a lot of the times.. but I can't stand the vocals... it ruins it for me every time... I can't stand hearing some guy screaming as though there's a dick in his mouth... it sounds so stupid..

Pantera - Death Trap.. lol man.. back before the cowboys album.. pantera was pretty odd.

MikeReiner said:
from an instrumental standpoint death metal is quite good a lot of the times.. but I can't stand the vocals... it ruins it for me every time... I can't stand hearing some guy screaming as though there's a dick in his mouth... it sounds so stupid..

Pantera - Death Trap.. lol man.. back before the cowboys album.. pantera was pretty odd.

You think that is bad? Try listening to some amateur Black Metal bands. Some vocalists sound as if they're being castrated while on the stage. Actually since you're obviously a fan of Phil Anselmo, then material from Decapitateds last album (Organic Hallucinosis) might be the first DM band you'll like. Very similar vocal work in places, and instrumentally brilliant.

And yeah, that would have been Pantera in their glam metal days when they wanted to be the next KISS. Bless 'em.

CL: Decapitated - Revelation of Existance (The Trip)

Slayer said:
You think that is bad? Try listening to some amateur Black Metal bands. Some vocalists sound as if they're being castrated while on the stage. Actually since you're obviously a fan of Phil Anselmo, then material from Decapitateds last album (Organic Hallucinosis) might be the first DM band you'll like. Very similar vocal work in places, and instrumentally brilliant.

And yeah, that would have been Pantera in their glam metal days when they wanted to be the next KISS. Bless 'em.

CL: Decapitated - Revelation of Existance (The Trip)
Oh believe me, I know what you mean.. there are some just plain BAD bands out there in regardes to vocals.. (there are a few local bands here that are really bad..) but i'm just saying I can't stand the whole really really deep growl they always do...

In some places?.. you mean sometimes it does the whole 'growl' thing and other times it doesn't?... reminds me of testament's Gathering album.. the dosage of growl in that album is just right for what it is.. but chuck still actually sings at points.. good balance.. i'll look into Organic Hallucinosis.

Edit:
Judas Priest - Burn In Hell
clipboard01ex5.jpg

Thats what i've got on my PC right now.. i'm slowly buying all that music.. I have a ways to go.

Evil Angel - Breaking Benjamin.

Then probably some Lostprophets.

Kind of off topic... But why is nate's account disabled?

Thanks Mike, makes things a little clearer.

Anyways, now I'm listening to Rooftops - Lostprophets.

Back
Top Bottom