The thread of no meaning..

Google Guru said:
Lol...where'd you get that to? :p

Are you asking how i thought of that? or what...well the history part is because of my brother :\ hes a major in US, history, and European history, and russian history...

Spec said:
Are you asking how i thought of that? or what...well the history part is because of my brother :\ hes a major in US, history, and European history, and russian history...
Wow... he must like history more than I do :p

When speakin gof a processor what does the "65nm" or "90nm" mean the lower the better right?

Spec said:
No, it does not. I will explain this bizzare conclusion

First, to pacify the scientists, yes, I understand that the laws of physics are more or less constant regardless of whether anyone is around or not. I do realize that a tree falling causes its fibers to stretch, snap, and create a tiny explosion that compresses and expands the air around it- rippling it outwards omni-directionally. And yes, an ear's tympanic cavity would detect these ripples, pass them through sensory neurons and be interpreted- for all intents and purposes, what we call sound.

However, the question is not whether these events take place, the question is clearly whether if no one is around to hear it- does it make a sound? You may be getting ahead of me with your own conflicting statements, already contradicting what I have not even said yet. Bear with me for just a little longer.

This is an exercise of philosophy, rather than of exact state. But that is not to say; all logic and reason should be discarded. Just take it for what it is- an event with no witness. I argue that such an event does not even happen without first hand experience. Even if we were to stroll through the forest after it has fallen and view the tree's remains scattered on the ground, and imagine as clear as our capacities would allow, the events that transpired- it still is not enough to say it has been heard.

Still, I cannot even fully envelope the feeling as a whole. I doubt this piece has made its point. So it will simply serve as a reminder to myself and those who can distance themselves from their immediate reality..

Ah but Specsan, just because you were not there to observe the event does not mean it did not occur. Furthermore grasshopper, the same reasoning applies to the big bang. We were not there to obsever it, yet it did happen.

setishock said:
Ah but Specsan, just because you were not there to observe the event does not mean it did not occur. Furthermore grasshopper, the same reasoning applies to the big bang. We were not there to obsever it, yet it did happen.

Yeah, we can still observe the effects of the Big Bang, and thus are able to accurately age the universe etc....

But I still find Astronomy so bloody boring.

UK31337 said:
Yeah, we can still observe the effects of the Big Bang, and thus are able to accurately age the universe etc....

But I still find Astronomy so bloody boring.

I second that.

Yeah, history is boring to me too.. I understand it's importance though.. but honestly.. I only care to hear about the bigger more important events.. nothing small.

Back
Top Bottom