vist and quad core.....

TRDCorolla said:
Intel quad cores may be available late this year.

info ??????? where u here that??? cuz that would be great jan 20 my b day

2007 Q1 Debut for Intel Quad-Core CPUs
http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=32596

"The Register are reporting that Intel's quad-core processor, 'Kentsfield', will be released ahead of the original Q2 release date. Originally Intel had given a mid-2007 release date for their first quad-core offerings, but with AMD's quad-CPUs due out in 2007 Q1 it looks as though the release date is being rushed forward.

With AMD slowly making ground on Intel it looks as though the company have had to take notice and change their release dates around. It also means that Intel will be releasing their next generation CPU at the same time that Microsoft releases their next operating system, Windows Vista. The new release of a new operating system is a major drive for computer sales and both Intel and AMD will be looking to be part of that hardware rush."

I don't see any specs on it. All we know now is that Intel will have a true four core processor available this year. Kentsfield, Intel's code name for its quad core desktop CPU based on the Core 2 architecture.

AMD's alternate quad core solution will also be available around the same time as Intel, but its chip will consist of two physical chip packages, each with a dual core chip connected through HyperTransport on a dual socket motherboard. The chips from Intel will be true quad core single socket chips. On the alternate side, when AMD releases its quad core chips, the 4x4 platform can have the dual core chips replaced with quad cores to make an instant 8 core machine!!!

hmmm witch do u think will be faster and better cuz im probly not ganna be opening my computer to change the cpu
cuz ill probly be having my computer specialy built by hp

Actually, I don't know what I would use. I haven't really thought about using quad core because I'm more focused on the current dual core specs, but here's a good article that explains if you really need quad core or not:

http://www.apcstart.com/site/ndavis/2006/08/1131/wake-up-quad-core-is-overkill

AMD has some quad core specs that appear to be promising:

"AMD's quad-core processor will become a dual-core processor if it decides the user isn't giving it enough work to do. The chip will also beef up the on-board cache with an extra level of memory shared between the four cores.

So reveal company next-generation architecture slides posted by HardOCP. Dubbed "ideal for 65nm SOI and beyond", the native quad-core die's four processing units are surrounded by an "expandable shared L3 cache". Each core will feature "improved branch prediction", the ability to do two 128-bit loads per cycle feeding into a "dual 128-bit SSE dataflow", and can execute up to four double-precision floating-point ops per cycle.

Updated on-board North Bridge components include four "ungangable" x16 HyperTransport links for up to 5.2bn transfers per second. AMD's slides also point to "next-generation memory support" including FB-DIMM support "when appropriate". As we've seen before, AMD expects that to be when the memory costs as much as DDR 2 does today.

More interesting is the quad-core processor's power management system, dubbed Dynamic Independent Core Management (DICE), which not only throttles back each core's clock frequency according to need but can also halt cores entirely to conserve power further. At what point the power management system decides to temporarily shut down one core or more isn't made clear.

More to the point, perhaps, how much of this will make it to the quad-core chips that AMD will actually ship remains open to question. Upon close examination, the slides are revealed to be dated 21 August 2005, and in the intervening 12 months AMD is likely to have revised the design of its quad-core architecture."

Back
Top Bottom