Need Help Please

AMD86

Beta member
I have an AMD AthlonXP 2400+ motherboard and I switched it to a new case w/ vid card and all the stuff, but it won't turn on. I don't know if i hooked something up wrong, everything seems fine, I need some suggestions as to what the problem could be. Thanks!

P.S. I am trying to plug in the power switch to the motherboad, and I can not get it to work, The computer worked fine in the old case. Is something mis-labeled on these AMD motherboards or am I forgetting something? Thank you, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Just go back, make sure all the plugs are pluged nice and tight...Does anything power on, like the fans, do you get a beep, or nothing at all?

G35x said:
Just go back, make sure all the plugs are pluged nice and tight...Does anything power on, like the fans, do you get a beep, or nothing at all?

No beeps no fans, nothing. When I turn the power supply on and then when turning it to the off postion you can hear a small 'powering down' sound. but that is it.

Do the leds on the mobo light on? If not, I think a connection is loose, just to make sure, you did ground ur self when transfering the mobo, you think you damaged it, ( static electricity)

you did ground ur self when transfering the mobo, you think you damaged it, ( static electricity)
when u are not wearing socks and shoes, just ur barefoot, do u still need to ground ur self ?
cuz he might not be wearing anything.

Not really, like say you do it in you garage, you dont really need to be all that worried...But its nice to go and touch a doorknob evry now and then, just incase...You dont have to ground yourself, but if something to happen, then you might cry about it.

Back
Top Bottom