M2N-SLI Deluxe overclocking problems

tehczar

In Runtime
My specs are:
AMD 3800X2 Windsor Core
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
Corsair DDR2 800 Memory (4x 512mb)

Whenever I put my CPU frequency above 210 it will not work properly (well it sort of does its rather strange).

I can boot up fine with my CPU frequency at 220, everything will work great I can play HL2 and system stays nice and cool. Now if I try to restart via windows it will not work properly and will freze and the BIOS screen where it says ASUS blah blah blah hit DEL to enter bios and it just sits there until I manually reboot it. Then I get some black screen sayign it failed to boot hit F1 to continue hit DEL to enter teh bios and change your settings. If I hit F1 it will boot fine. Now if I just turn it on and off with those setting it boots fine no lock up at the bios screen.

Here is my settings:
CPU Frequency 220
DDR2 Voltage 1.95V
Multiplyer 10 (default)
HT Speed 4x (tried 3x still get the same problem)
Ram timing: 5 5 5 18

Pretty much everything else is on auto;

Any ideas?

have you tried turning off cool n' quiet... i thought ive heard that to mess with OCing... also did u raise the voltage on ur CPU at all

Yes I did, I dont think its that is the problem I'm thinking its a setting with the RAM but I dont know anythign about how to set the ram :-/.

And yes I have Cool N Quiet off :D

i dunno you would prolly l=wanna get better advice then me im not that knowledgeble in the OC dept

ok like holy crap, i was messing around with memory settings and such tryign to get it to boot.

i changed the command rate or something to 1T and the Trc to 21 my timings were 5 5 5 15

mem voltage was 1.9

cpu voltage 1.3875

multiplyer 10x

cpu frequency 220

and it went CRAZY like it was beeping and none of the buttons worked reset or power, i had to switch the power button on my surge protector off to have it power down..

what did I do wrong, i'm starting to think its impossible to oc this board or ocing with DDR2 memory is difficult?

also now when windows booted it said i have a floppy drive and i have no floppy drive lol ^_^

tehczar said:
ok like holy crap, i was messing around with memory settings and such tryign to get it to boot.

i changed the command rate or something to 1T and the Trc to 21 my timings were 5 5 5 15

mem voltage was 1.9

cpu voltage 1.3875

multiplyer 10x

cpu frequency 220

and it went CRAZY like it was beeping and none of the buttons worked reset or power, i had to switch the power button on my surge protector off to have it power down..

what did I do wrong, i'm starting to think its impossible to oc this board or ocing with DDR2 memory is difficult?

Memory voltage cant be 1.9V. You mean 2.9V. If you really want to mess with your memory this is what need to do:

See your multiplyer @ 10x. Bump that down to 8x, 8 x 220fsb = 1760MHZ. Now start uping the FSB untill you get no boot. Once you get a stable FSB spot that is how far your memory can go and lets just say it was 240fsb and the memory was stable, now you got a better way of knowning that your memory can only get to 240fsb before its unstable. Put your multiplyer @ 10x again and change the Memory divider to a lower settings and rase the FSB up untill your cpu gets unstable.

tehczar said:
also now when windows booted it said i have a floppy drive and i have no floppy drive lol ^_^
In the BIOS, there should be a options to disable Floppy drive or enable it

tehczar said:
My specs are:
AMD 3800X2 Windsor Core
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe
Corsair DDR2 800 Memory (4x 512mb)

Whenever I put my CPU frequency above 210 it will not work properly (well it sort of does its rather strange).

I can boot up fine with my CPU frequency at 220, everything will work great I can play HL2 and system stays nice and cool. Now if I try to restart via windows it will not work properly and will freze and the BIOS screen where it says ASUS blah blah blah hit DEL to enter bios and it just sits there until I manually reboot it. Then I get some black screen sayign it failed to boot hit F1 to continue hit DEL to enter teh bios and change your settings. If I hit F1 it will boot fine. Now if I just turn it on and off with those setting it boots fine no lock up at the bios screen.

Here is my settings:
CPU Frequency 220
DDR2 Voltage 1.95V
Multiplyer 10 (default)
HT Speed 4x (tried 3x still get the same problem)
Ram timing: 5 5 5 18

Pretty much everything else is on auto;

Any ideas?

Try puting the cpu voltage from 1.3V to 1.4V

Back
Top Bottom