custom system restore.

badninja3

Daemon Poster
is there a program that i can use where i can make an image of the hdd, so that i can restore it if problems arise?

is there one that can be run from dos, or without windows. possibly linux

well, i was looking for something more like norton ghost. but maybe for linux. so that i can make a partition with a backup of the rest of the hdd.

then i can run a linux live cd to move the files over incase the windows partition gets a virus or something. is there any free (or "easily attainable") program like that?

well, partimage seems to be what i want, but it says it isnt stable with ntfs. if it was, that would be the program i want.

I have a disc that I could make an .ISO of for you. It has a lot of tools on it, including ghost. I've had to ghost a few hard drives myself. it loads just like windows except it doesnt run off the hdd, it runs right off the DVD.

and it runs through windows? even though it writes to the partition that windows runs off? anyway, if it works, then yes please. ill take it. hehe. thanks.
-chris

no, it doesnt even load windows. it loads off the DVD and stores the data in RAM instead of the hard drive. Its simular to windows, but its not windows.

Back
Top Bottom