blank DVD question

Ronco Rox said:
blu-ray right, well im not looking at spending my computers price on a burner ;)
Blu-Ray.

You know...50GB is just like...heh.
Get a tape drive lol

Atomic Rooster said:
Save your money Ronco Rox!

It appears that you do have a dual layer burner. It's a Samsung TS-H552. :D

YAY!!! thanks guys for your help!

EDIT: oh wait hold on. that is the TS-H552, i have the TS-H552B so i don't know if this has a dual layer burner. its a prebuilt computer thats why i highly doubt it is.

Single-layer DVD burners aren't too expensive, and dual-layer burners are only about $10-$15 more. Personally, I would avoid any of the next-gen formats like Blu-Ray and HD-DVD, no matter how appealing the paper specs are. They're just way too expensive, and there are still glitches and problems with players and so forth.

If these Holographic discs are to come really soon (5 years), I will go foward to holographic. It took me some times to go DVD burner. I might buy another one as they are $55 for LG..and it's a burner.

Ronco Rox said:
EDIT: oh wait hold on. that is the TS-H552, i have the TS-H552B
Scroll down a bit on that page I posted and look at what it says in the screenie of the Nero Tool.

It also says this in the review:
The device was connected in our test PC and was identified as "TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552B " under WinXP.

alright well here is my neroinfo on my drive
download_102727.html

now if my drive is a double layer burner how would i go about burning a double layer dvd.

do i just put a double layer blank dvd and my drive will reconize it as a double layer disk and burn it?

thanks again guys :D

EDIT: if you guys are seeing a red x like i am heres the link
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/Ronco_Rox/untitled.jpg

Some software, like Apollo DVD Copy allows you to choose. There's a box in the destination half that you can check and it says, 'Copy to dual-layer disc.'

From that screenie, your drive definately writes DVD+R DL. There should be an option somewhere in the Nero DVD section for dual layer writing, but I'm not sure as I don't have a dual layer burner yet. :D

anyone who uses nero here know where i can enable the dual layer burning? i can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom