EA plans to buy Crytek

I hope that this isn't going to happen...
though EA is mostly fine, but they kinda screwed up with bf2.

Yet another good game gets snaffled up by EA. What next? Crysis 2007, Crysis 2008, Crysis Road To World Cup 2010, Crysis: The Buggy Years Expansion Pack? Download a broken patch, and an extra-bugged, poorly coded expansion pack over our crappy excuse for copying Steam for only $19.95. 33 patches later, and you might get beyond the main menu without dropping to below 2FPS on top of the range hardware.

Corporate whores, that's all EA are. They've got money, but nothing else. People are far too quick to criticise Microsoft's business practices, but at least they produce damn fine software which is well worth the money IMHO - EA are just creating a monopoly, and pushing out multiformat, crappy, unfinished, boring games and charging us through the nose for the privilege.

UK31337 said:
Yet another good game gets snaffled up by EA. What next? Crysis 2007, Crysis 2008, Crysis Road To World Cup 2010, Crysis: The Buggy Years Expansion Pack? Download a broken patch, and an extra-bugged, poorly coded expansion pack over our crappy excuse for copying Steam for only $19.95. 33 patches later, and you might get beyond the main menu without dropping to below 2FPS on top of the range hardware.

Corporate whores, that's all EA are. They've got money, but nothing else. People are far too quick to criticise Microsoft's business practices, but at least they produce damn fine software which is well worth the money IMHO - EA are just creating a monopoly, and pushing out multiformat, crappy, unfinished, boring games and charging us through the nose for the privilege.
Yeah, atleast if Microsoft bought crytek, it wouldn't get destroyed. Look at bungie, Halo was a damn good game, and halo2 wasn't too shabby either. Then you look at EA.. Company of corporate clones.. borrrrrring..

NO! Crytek is such a great independent company...:( Damn you EA!

I agree with UK31337. At least if Microsoft DID buy Crytek, it wouldn't be that bad. Microsoft Game Studios is actually pretty good, and they have a great line up of games that aren't boring, repetitve, and lacking in good patches. :rolleyes:

ARGH! Why the hell did Crytek change publishers? If they stuck with the awesomeness that is Ubisoft, they would be fine, unlike EA who gobbles up whatever company develops for them. :mad:

alvino said:
NO! Crytek is such a great independent company...:( Damn you EA!

I agree with UK31337. At least if Microsoft DID buy Crytek, it wouldn't be that bad. Microsoft Game Studios is actually pretty good, and they have a great line up of games that aren't boring, repetitve, and lacking in good patches. :rolleyes:

ARGH! Why the hell did Crytek change publishers? If they stuck with the awesomeness that is Ubisoft, they would be fine, unlike EA who gobbles up whatever company develops for them. :mad:
Yep, thus the reason I have this sig.

It's companies like EA that are going to make me stop playing games.. it gives me the urge to buy an electric guitar and learn how to play.

guys, since when has EA done the patches? Most of u are probably complaining about the patches in BF2, which do suck. It's known fact. But since when has EA done the patches? Or expansion packs or anything like that? (the ideas were most likely theirs, but u can't blame them if the guys at Dice can't create a decent expansion) As far as I know EA doesn't do any of the coding, just marketing and all that other publicity stuff.

Yeah, well they tend to make the products into crap with their so-called publishing. Bleh.

Mike, we can be signature buddies! :D

Back
Top Bottom