My Life is Over

I just talked to her again... My mom that is... And she was like "People your age can do it, but you're not going to."

I don't know if that means I shouldn't drink or anything until I get out of the house, or if I should just do it anyway...

Im so confused

BamaFan2989 said:
I just talked to her again... My mom that is... And she was like "People your age can do it, but you're not going to."

I don't know if that means I shouldn't drink or anything until I get out of the house, or if I should just do it anyway...

Im so confused

it means that she doesn't want u to drink anything at all.
But really, u took 1 beer and she yelled at u? Thats pretty weird, 1 beer won't do u any harm, so I don't see why u couldn't have 1 when u want to.

I gues u could just talk about it with her, make her understand that u won't drink too much and stuff like that. I really think she is being a little too strict about drinking.. but in the end it's her choise.

Yeah I think she is more mad, cause they were all at my house without them being here... and she was like... Talking about respect and stuff.

In an earlier post onlly a little while ago, at the beginning of August he related how his aunt had died, & his mother's dad used to beat his gran when he'd been drinking, then she died, from an illness, which might or might not have been the result of years of beatings, his mom doesn't want him to go down the same route as her dad did & that's why she shouts at him, sounds logical to me.

EDIT; he has just pointed out to me that that post was about his friend's dad, I've apologised to him.

Yes, Bama, it seems that your issue has now been resolved, but overall, never let such a petty issue get you down so much.

Your family will always be behind you, and regardless of what you've done, things will get better. I'd advise you to just be careful with whatever you choose to do in life, and be responsible. Thankfully, you didn't choose to make the mistake that many do, when they take a drive after a couple drinks.

You must also realize that regardless of how tough your mother or step father can appear to be, they do things out of love and concern. Sometimes, parents can be too strict, and actually hurt you in a way with decisions, but fortunately, your mother seems to react better than some I've known.

As a young man, you will face issues in your life that will make this thing look so trivial, and you'll need to be able to get by them. I myself, am 17, and I've been through much more than any 17 year old should ever hope to have been through, but honestly, its made me a stronger person in the end.

If you drink, or do anything risky, just do it responsibly and be careful.

1 doesent do any harm :p, tell her you were just experimenting wanted to try it out.

**** i dont have to worry about parents getten *****. since i live in wisconsin its not a big deal if we drink so the rents buy us our alcohol :)

EDITED

Back
Top Bottom