Crashing at Startup?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hi,

Well i woke up this morning and the pc was working perfect, and waiting for a download to finish i went on to play GTA: San Andreas. I completed 2 or so missions and exited the game to find my Gmail notifer saying it cannot connect to Google, and none of my internet explorer and mozilla pages would load. Thinking i needed a reboot (been up 8 days lol), i rebooted, logged on and as the startup programs were loading, it reset on me. It does this everytime when trying to load Windows normal, Safe Mode runs fine as does my other partition with XP x64 (which im using now).
I have so far ran the system restore wizard and turned off my overclock.

I have:
AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200+ (CPU)
Gigabyte GA-M55PLUS-S3G (Mobo)
nVIDIA GeForce 6500 (GFX card)
2X Kingston 512mb DDR2 RAM (Dual Channel)
Windows XP Professional SP2

All help would be much appreciated....

Thanks,

Matt

I would hazard a guess that the video driver has some how been corrupted, safe mode uses generic VGA driver and your x64 driver must be good.

Try unistalling/reinstalling your video driver.

Run spyware/ virus scans in safe mode

I just uninstalled the GFX drivers with safe mode, rebooted and it is still resetting, so am now doing an Avast! scan in safe mode....

Matt

EDIT: If the anti virus scan doesn't find anything, do you suggest i reinstall windows using my disc?

Mattyl110792 said:
EDIT: If the anti virus scan doesn't find anything, do you suggest i reinstall windows using my disc?
As last resort maybe, there are other possible causes. See what result you get from the scans first.

Back
Top Bottom