Socket AM3 and DDR3?

it depends on the frequency, at the most 1.4Ghz, its 2.8Gbps/pin, and it uses a 136 fine ball grid array (FBGA) packaging. So yeah, its a lot of bandwidth :D

well I don't mind new technology coming out, makes the mid range products so much cheaper! And mid range hardware is like the only thing I get :D, I don't want to spend my money on some nice and awesome dual core when my p4 3.0Ghz can run games without any problems and I can get a car with the money I would be spending on a high end dual core cpu!

They can right ahead an release socket AM3, hell why not release socket AM4 6 months later? All i know is that I will be sticking with my current socket configuration for a few more years before i jump on board with any of that BS.

It's always ongoing. I'm still stuck with what I have (see sig). It's going to be two years in Feb of 2007 since I built this rig. But you know what? It's still darn fast, even using DDR SDRAM, single core, and a motherboard running at half speed! I'm sure it will handle Vista just fine too. But I do love the dual core CPU's.

Crabby... said:
I am still on socket A... :(

Whoa, lol. A lot has been achieved since then. My mom's PC is still using the Athlon XP system I built for her awhile back. Still running excellent. Not as good as mine, hehe.

Haha, it was only this year that my parents upgraded their computers. My mom was previously using a AMD K6-II and an ancient ATI Rage Turbo. My dad was using an Intel Pentium III with a NVIDIA TNT-2 Riva. :p

Back
Top Bottom