cleaning your lcd screen

mzombie

Beta member
are there any good tuts? yes i googled it so dont tell me to look it up on google. the google results werent very helful. i found many helful results about cleaning my keyboard/keys but not my lcd screen for my desktop computer. any good (detailed) tutorials out there?

btw is this in the right section if not move it :)

Simply buy the container of wipes designed for LCD`s and save yourself some grief with all the " home-made " remedies out there.

Seriously .they sell anti-smear wipes designed for your monitor . You get a tube of them for around $8 .............. Go with what you want , but i`ve tried them with great results.

those anti-smear wipes work great. I had a tube of them that I got from staples for like 6 bucks. They work great and it only takes a few seconds for them to dry. You can also use them on other things too. I used them on my keyboard, my TV screen, and everything else on my desk that needed cleaning. This also reminds me..... I have to go out and get some more.

You can use just plain water or buy some glass cleaner. Supposedly, I found out you're not suppose to use alcohol or ammonia based cleaner. Pshhhh, who cares. I use Windex, hehe. Using is since I bought my beautiful VX922 Viewsonic LCD and can't see anything wrong with it. Just don't use too much. If you want to spray on the screen, make sure the nozzle is on a fine mist. Don't get any liquid running down the support frame of the monitor. It's probably best to dampen the cloth first and then wipe but if you know what you're doing, I would just spray on and wipe immediately.

Back
Top Bottom