How To Get Into The Cmos/Bios

calmedic21

Beta member
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me how to access the cmos/bios on my Toshiba laptop. Upon booting up, I have tried hitting Esc; F1; F2; F8; F12; Del..............HELLLLPPPP!!!!!

Thanks so much guys!

Here's what I found on Toshiba's website by searching "How to access BIOS on laptop"

For Toshiba notebook PCs manufactured since the introduction of Windows XP, one or more of the following methods will be effective:

Toshiba Hardware utility method: Run the Toshiba Hardware utility from the Toshiba Console. It may also accessible (as 'HWSetup') from the Windows Control Panel. Changes to some of the settings will require re-starting the computer. This method is the only way to access the BIOS settings on some notebook PCs (Satellite 5000 series, for example). (For these machines, pressing and holding the F12 key immediately after powering-on the notebook will allow you to alter the notebook's boot priority.)

If the Toshiba Hardware utility is not present, try the F2 key method and the Esc key method (see below). The Toshiba Hardware utility may be downloaded from the Toshiba support website at http://support.toshiba.com

If the computer is fully off, and/or to avoid having to re-start it (and Windows), use one or the other of the following two methods. The PC will have to be truly off (not suspended, or in standby mode, or in hibernation mode). If an external keyboard is attached to the notebook (either directly or via a docking station or a port-replicator), disconnect it until you have completed this procedure.

F2 key method: Turn the computer on. If you see an invitation to press the F2 key to enter Setup, do so. The Setup screen will appear.

Esc key method: Turn the computer on. If you do not see a prompt to press the F2 key, then immediately press and hold the Esc key for three seconds, and then release it. When prompted to, press the F1 key. The Setup screen will appear.

I have tried everything and still no luck! This is just really unbelievable. All I want to do is keep this laptop from getting HOT. I was told that there is a setting in the Cmos/Bios that can be changed to make the CPU from running hot. It gets really hot right under where the A/C gets plugged into the laptop. It gets so hot that the computer shuts down.

Now what to do? :confused:

it should say which key to press when u boot the computer.
Just look carefully, should say like "press F2 to enter the bios"

Hi Mammikoura...and thanks for the help. My step mom just bought a new Toshiba laptop and I know that I have seen that come up on her screen...but it doesn't show up on mine. But mine is 6 years old. Please help me......this is just so frustrating! I have tried everything that people are telling me to do but still no luck. Did you read my reply where I said it gets hot? Please help me.

Thanks!

Boot the laptop, keep tapping the esc key.

If that doesn't work, reboot, and keep tapping the F1 key.

Hmm, really weird stuff indeed. I own a CompaQ myself and there's no BIOS instructions whatsoever.

All I would tell you to try is this:

CTRL+ALT+ESC

I'll do a search if that doesn't work.

Back
Top Bottom