How good are these?

G35x

Golden Master
I got these speakers almost a year ago, and Im still using onboard :( , not sure how much of a difference it would make, but ill upgrade sooner or later...Anyhow, how good are these speakers, to me they are good, but just wondering, 1 through 10, what would these be...And ohh yeah, the best part, I got them for $25.00 usd ahaha, there was a sale on slickdealz and me and 3 people got them.. :D

http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=X0VXRMSBECGCHJ0RMRESHP3HKFSEKI5P

Not bad for $25. Based on the current standard they aren't that great, but they are nice. Maybe a 6-7. But then again you did get them for only $25 and that cant even buy you much anymore...so for total value.. I'll give it a 10

Those Phillips speakers have a better bass range than my Creative set (lowest of 45hz), and alot more watts per channel too.

Even though my speakers are less powerful though, I'd never choose onboard to power them. I advise you upgrade :p

Try using a PCI sound card, evan if it´s a cheap one..it will blow onboard away for sure..and with those speakers..you´ll be riding..

TBH you're not going to notice a great deal of difference between your on board sound card and if you went out and bought a sound card.

I don't quite understand what the comment about blowing the on board sound was all about...
quite simply this wouldn't happen for four (logical) reasons.
1, if it'd blow the on board sound controller, then it'd blow a PCI card as well
2, the output for sound is line out, the speakers are self powered.
3, if the on board controller did have an amplifier, and it were speaker out, it wouldn't blow, since it'd be designed to run on an 8ohm load, and the input impedance of the amplifier would run a lot higher than that, so less power would be drawn.
4, if the on board controller, were powered, and the speakers were not powered, they'd measure 8ohm impedance, this would be what the controller would be designed to deliver, so it wouldn't 'blow'

basically short of trying to drive un-powered (very low impedance) speakers from a line out signal (and even then it's still really really unlikely).

it just makes no sense, there is pretty much no way to blow the on board controller by attaching audio equipment to it!

Did anyone else notice the gap in the frequency response of those speakers.

bass 20 - 180Hz
satellites - 200 - 20,000 Hz

what happened to 180 - 200 (which is audible)

root said:
TBH you're not going to notice a great deal of difference between your on board sound card and if you went out and bought a sound card.

I don't quite understand what the comment about blowing the on board sound was all about...
quite simply this wouldn't happen for four (logical) reasons.
1, if it'd blow the on board sound controller, then it'd blow a PCI card as well
2, the output for sound is line out, the speakers are self powered.
3, if the on board controller did have an amplifier, and it were speaker out, it wouldn't blow, since it'd be designed to run on an 8ohm load, and the input impedance of the amplifier would run a lot higher than that, so less power would be drawn.
4, if the on board controller, were powered, and the speakers were not powered, they'd measure 8ohm impedance, this would be what the controller would be designed to deliver, so it wouldn't 'blow'

basically short of trying to drive un-powered (very low impedance) speakers from a line out signal (and even then it's still really really unlikely).

it just makes no sense, there is pretty much no way to blow the on board controller by attaching audio equipment to it!

Did anyone else notice the gap in the frequency response of those speakers.

bass 20 - 180Hz
satellites - 200 - 20,000 Hz

what happened to 180 - 200 (which is audible)

Lmao, i think he ment like blow it out of the water. Like having a pci sound card is much better. Ha, you wrote that for nothing!

allenn812 said:
Lmao, i think he ment like blow it out of the water. Like having a pci sound card is much better. Ha, you wrote that for nothing!
my bad :eek:oops:

Back
Top Bottom