Another reason I don't want to drive..

It is sad to hear that incidents like this happen, but in times of pain, when we lose those close to us, we must remember something.

You are not weaping for the person who died, as they are now in eternal happiness, where they are forever blessed with good health and well being. You weap because you are left behind, and you weap for the family who were left behind.. as they are the ones who really feel the effects of what have happened.

Unfortunately, incidents like this happen every day, and will continue to happen through our lifetimes. As much as it hurts to have to see these things happen, I know that through every experience, there is a lesson. Sometimes I must look past the pain, and sorrow, and look for what that experience has taught me.

I personally believe that God, my creator, let these things happen so that us mortals can learn from these events. It is our job as human beings, with the power of reason, to learn from the mistakes that not only we as individuals have made, but others as well. As we grow, and mature, we see right and wrong, and we develop morals. As a result, I for one would never drive drunk, or under the influence and I strongly oppose anyone who has so little care for themselves or others, to do so.

It is stories like this, that strenghten my faith of God, because the real victim here was not "Toke," but the driver who drove drunk. The driver who decided to drive drunk has learned a lesson harder than anyone else should ever hope to. He has learned a lesson as a result of taking a fellow man's life out of his own irresponsible actions. As a result, this driver must live the remainder of his life knowing that in just a few moments, he not only changed his own life, but the lifes of many. Toke's life was taken from him, in a physical manner, but his spirit lives on in memories, as well as Heaven, where he rests peacefully. The family of Toke have been affected by losing a loved one.

Once again, the real victim here was the driver, because he is still alive to feel the repercussions of his poor choice. I don't believe that he doesn't deserve this, but I do know that this is God's brilliant way of punishing those who are so foolish in their actions. When we consider what has happened, Toke is now in a brilliant place where he is happy and peaceful. And this driver, well, he must now live with the fact that he has killed a fellow man with a foolish choice. That in itself, is a punishment far worst than an early death could bring.. and I honestly believe that is something that God has planned for him.

Remember, that in every single incident, there is a lesson to be learned. The lesson is not always easy to grasp, nor understand, but it is your responsibility to take the blessing of the lesson that has been provided to you.

On a side note: I apologize for any religious mentions in this response. I don't believe in pushing my religion upon others. I respect your own religious choice and / or beliefs, and hope that you shall do the same... and understand my message for what it is. Thank you.

Bahawolf said:
It is sad to hear that incidents like this happen, but in times of pain, when we lose those close to us, we must remember something.

You are not weaping for the person who died, as they are now in eternal happiness, where they are forever blessed with good health and well being. You weap because you are left behind, and you weap for the family who were left behind.. as they are the ones who really feel the effects of what have happened.

Unfortunately, incidents like this happen every day, and will continue to happen through our lifetimes. As much as it hurts to have to see these things happen, I know that through every experience, there is a lesson. Sometimes I must look past the pain, and sorrow, and look for what that experience has taught me.

I personally believe that God, my creator, let these things happen so that us mortals can learn from these events. It is our job as human beings, with the power of reason, to learn from the mistakes that not only we as individuals have made, but others as well. As we grow, and mature, we see right and wrong, and we develop morals. As a result, I for one would never drive drunk, or under the influence and I strongly oppose anyone who has so little care for themselves or others, to do so.

It is stories like this, that strenghten my faith of God, because the real victim here was not "Toke," but the driver who drove drunk. The driver who decided to drive drunk has learned a lesson harder than anyone else should ever hope to. He has learned a lesson as a result of taking a fellow man's life out of his own irresponsible actions. As a result, this driver must live the remainder of his life knowing that in just a few moments, he not only changed his own life, but the lifes of many. Toke's life was taken from him, in a physical manner, but his spirit lives on in memories, as well as Heaven, where he rests peacefully. The family of Toke have been affected by losing a loved one.

Once again, the real victim here was the driver, because he is still alive to feel the repercussions of his poor choice. I don't believe that he doesn't deserve this, but I do know that this is God's brilliant way of punishing those who are so foolish in their actions. When we consider what has happened, Toke is now in a brilliant place where he is happy and peaceful. And this driver, well, he must now live with the fact that he has killed a fellow man with a foolish choice. That in itself, is a punishment far worst than an early death could bring.. and I honestly believe that is something that God has planned for him.

Remember, that in every single incident, there is a lesson to be learned. The lesson is not always easy to grasp, nor understand, but it is your responsibility to take the blessing of the lesson that has been provided to you.

On a side note: I apologize for any religious mentions in this response. I don't believe in pushing my religion upon others. I respect your own religious choice and / or beliefs, and hope that you shall do the same... and understand my message for what it is. Thank you.

To summarize how I feel about that: I don't believe in god, the bible, or any of that religous nonsense. (no offense intended.) If i'm wrong in the end though.. you could only wonder.. sure I would probably have it rough in the afterlife for not beliving in my religion.. but on the flipside i'm not some murder-rapist serial killer.

All I see when I think about this is another dead man who could have had a future, and a living man with no hopeful future. Families and friends suffering, people asking god why such a thing had to happen, that sort of thing.

It's as though many religions try to justify tragic events such as this by "It's a trial.. to test your faith.." and then go on about how that person is happily existing in heaven or w/e.. sure that sounds good in theory.. but without proof... I feel like I am just being led by a blind leader.. until the supposed 'god' shows himself amongst the people and proves his existance, man kind is never going to follow him... and if he really does exist, and he's this perfect being like they try to say he is (which, IMO, is bs), he would know this.. he would know that people aren't going to trust a book written eons ago just because a group of others do already.. all religion can do (IMO) is provide faith and a sense of hapiness.. which I honestly wish I could trust in...

..But when people who didn't deserve to die are killed all the time, and all these religious people can tell me is "It's a trial" - that crap just doesn't cut it anymore. How many must one go through before that 'god' shows himself?

I too apologize for further going on the religous stuff, no offense of any type intended and I am not trying to push my belief on anyone else either.

Yeah, in Britain, the cops pick the youngsters up for having no licence, insurance or road tax, they say naughty naughty, don't do it again, then later the same day they're driving again, then the next day again, then again, until they run over somebody, Britain's stupid nanny state is to blame :mad: roll on when Blair's gone
dance.gif

Brookfield said:
Yeah, in Britain, the cops pick the youngsters up for having no licence, insurance or road tax, they say naughty naughty, don't do it again, then later the same day they're driving again, then the next day again, then again, until they run over somebody, Britain's stupid nanny state is to blame :mad: roll on when Blair's gone
dance.gif
thats like letting a 5 year old run around with a loaded gun, getting stopped, being told not to do it, then just placing the gun back on the table and not even trying to keep it away from them..

MikeReiner said:
To summarize how I feel about that: I don't believe in god, the bible, or any of that religous nonsense. (no offense intended.) If i'm wrong in the end though.. you could only wonder.. sure I would probably have it rough in the afterlife for not beliving in my religion.. but on the flipside i'm not some murder-rapist serial killer.

All I see when I think about this is another dead man who could have had a future, and a living man with no hopeful future. Families and friends suffering, people asking god why such a thing had to happen, that sort of thing.

It's as though many religions try to justify tragic events such as this by "It's a trial.. to test your faith.." and then go on about how that person is happily existing in heaven or w/e.. sure that sounds good in theory.. but without proof... I feel like I am just being led by a blind leader.. until the supposed 'god' shows himself amongst the people and proves his existance, man kind is never going to follow him... and if he really does exist, and he's this perfect being like they try to say he is (which, IMO, is bs), he would know this.. he would know that people aren't going to trust a book written eons ago just because a group of others do already.. all religion can do (IMO) is provide faith and a sense of hapiness.. which I honestly wish I could trust in...

..But when people who didn't deserve to die are killed all the time, and all these religious people can tell me is "It's a trial" - that crap just doesn't cut it anymore. How many must one go through before that 'god' shows himself?

I too apologize for further going on the religous stuff, no offense of any type intended and I am not trying to push my belief on anyone else either.
No need to apologise, I lost my faith when my dear wife died of cancer at the relatively young age of 62, I'm 75 now, & wouldn't mind if I died tomorrow, life is very lonely without her, CF is one of the main things in life now.

Imagine the difference between a car smash now and a car smash 40 years ago.

Seatbelts weren't compulsory in the UK until 1983.

So, imagine 1963, with daddy's Ford Anglia, no seatbelts, no airbags, no safety features - just a steel frame on wheels, and a big slidy, leather bench in the back. It's Gute Nacht, Vienna, in a high speed crash in that thing (even though the Anglia could only manage 75mph if you pushed it to the point of explosion) When Eddie Cochran died in a taxi crash in England in 1960, the taxi driver got fined circa £500 in old money (probably thousands, thousands and thousands in today's prices) and was banned from driving for 16 years.

2006, daddy's spanking new Volvo estate. Seatbelts, airbags everywhere, ABS, power steering, aluminium, crumple zones... you're far safer, supposedly. Cause a smash today, and you'll get dragged through the courts, at the taxpayers' expense, and eventually get something ridiculous like 3 years in jail.

I love this country :(

You just need to drive defensively, not so much watching the line in the road to see if your car is strait but watching what is going on ahead of you and around you. Something my dad has been teaching me and it works very well.

I find it safer to drive offensively, because it makes you more aware, if you drive defensively, its like your waiting for something to happen, so when it does you freak out.

When i drive offensively, im out of peoples way as soon as i pass them, and i have nothing but an open road ahead of me. Leaving all the cars, with the accidents, behind me, especially on my motorcycle.

Back
Top Bottom