SATA with Asus K8V-SE

X1337

Fully Optimized
I got a K8V-SE yesterday (Socket 754). I pluged in my Samsung SATA Drive and the BIOS detected it, So I went to windows XP setup and I got a error saying: "Windows Xp didnt detect any harddrive to install windows xp". I though DAM!, I installed windows XP on a 1.9GB IDE and have 468MB's left. I flashed the BIOS to 1001 BIOS

"People say that VIA and Promise Chip started to conflit (BUG) with each other after BIOS 1005 and over".

Than I got the bad flash screen and restored the BIOS that was 1001 again!. Now I got in the BIOS and disabled the Promise chip and just run VIA chip (SATA), Guess what happen :banghead: I got the same error. So I tryed Promise chip and configed it in its own BIOS. Slapped the windows xp in the drive and :banghead: nothing. I tryed everything!!! but what should I do?

lhuser said:
Have you loaded that SATA drivers with the diskette or the one you created?
Yea. I used nlite to make Drivers for a windows XP c.d and nothing :(

*I forgot to put that in the Post, Sorry*

I dunno, but Nlite is okay, but I'd do it still from a diskette they should have provided.

That's that pain in Windows XP: SATA, RAID, SCSI

lhuser said:
I dunno, but Nlite is okay, but I'd do it still from a diskette they should have provided.

Ok.. I like your ideas. I'll just get my invisible floppy and floppy drive. I dont have any and I dont know if my dad has some. Errmm!

lhuser said:

I guess the billionaire microsoft felt that it was too expensive to create a small program that will allow you to burn an updated version of the windows xp cd that included today's sata/raid/scsi drivers. All they have to do is add sata/raid/scsi drivers and modify txtsetup.sif to include those drivers and burn it.

X1337 said:
Ok.. I like your ideas. I'll just get my invisible floppy and floppy drive. I dont have any and I dont know if my dad has some. Errmm!

Off the bat - he was trying to help, so cut out the sarcasm if you want a hand.

The page you want is here:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=K8V-X SE

Look under RAID, and download the Windows XP one. Strip out the drivers you don't need so that the file is under 1.44MB.

Then put it on a floppy, and put it in a floppy drive.

Nothing else you can do.

X1337 said:
OH I see, ASUS always makes that fault :rolleyes:

Anyways, take your CD to ANY computer that's still alive and actually create one.

Then, your invisible floppy drive...that's why I always put one on each PC...just in case.

If there's a PC with floppy, steal it and return it once done.

Back
Top Bottom