Disk Quota

joelbeveridge

In Runtime
Hey guys.

Im in a windows 2003 server and i would like to know where i can go to view all my current users disk quota and what limit there up to. Just so i can see if anyone is going crazy. I posted a post before about a user (johnsmith) not being able to save to the network becuase a message "DISK IS FULL" kept popping up. Turning off some of the setting in disk quota has allowed this user to now save. So once again is there somewhere in 2003 server that allows me to see each users disk quota?

You have to get a storage software manager. I know of a school that uses VERITAS Storage Exec that can manage quotas, generate reports on users who are close to or over their quotas, who is using the most space, and many more.

Its cool. I found out how to check the disk quota for each user in windows 2003 server. You go to My Computer -> Right click on the drive that everyone has access to on the network e.g. G: (on the server). -> then go to properties -> Quota -> Quota Entries. This will show you a total list of all your users and how much they have used and even if they have gone over there limit. You can proform this on your local desktop, but its not as cool as windows 2003 on a Domain. THanks for your great help anyways mate.

Back
Top Bottom