Windows xp install

Marley212

Beta member
hey whats going on everyone i just bought me a windows xp full home. so i had a illegal verison on windows xp on my computer before i got this new one and last week i was trying to to reinstall the illegal verson and it stoped installing at like 36 percent and so i havent put it back in the computer since and today i just got this new windows and i put the cd in and it says windows is being restarted and then it goes to a black screen shorlty after with the mouse and a blank screen so can someone tell me what i can do to install this windows ?

HELP me !!!!!!!!!! Thankls

ok, try deleting your windows partition and creating it agin and format it and instll windows via cd...

p.s.. be sure to backup files...

well i cant get into the windows system at all i cant log on all it does every time i turn the computer on with or with out the cd it will say reinstalling windows then in will start to load or go to the blank screen is there any way that i can delete my windows with out going into the operating system i dont care for any of the files that are on the computer now i just want to put my fresh copy of xp on the computer

Youre supposed to boot to the cd (set the BIOS to boot to cd) then go into the recovery console and use the diskpart utility

Hey guys.

I have had the same problem before and it really gets to me. If you have a second computer i would just get the hard drive out of the computer that keeps trying to install windows and put that hard drive into your second computer and set it as slave. then you can turn on your computer and you can format the slave hard drive that way.

Or if you can get your CD to boot into windows installer by making it boot to CD that would be cool to.

Back
Top Bottom