Server Upgrade

David Lindon

Golden Master
The memory upgrade on the server should be carried out within a 48 hours if all goes well. Obviously this will mean a small amount of downtime later so please be patient

David Lindon said:
The memory upgrade on the server should be carried out within a 48 hours if all goes well. Obviously this will mean a small amount of downtime later so please be patient
Will this take away the timeouts?

Most unlikely - that to me seems to be a server communication problem, undoubtably solved by a ram upgrade, more likely just a higher bandwidth server would solve that out - probably hosting too many people!

It's one server. Shared hosting wouldn't hold this site down. Look in the FAQ for the answer.

More memory would handle more people wouldn't it? Bandwidth has nothing to do with the amount of people online, its just how many people visit bandwidth... :-/

Renegadeandy said:
Most unlikely - that to me seems to be a server communication problem, undoubtably solved by a ram upgrade, more likely just a higher bandwidth server would solve that out - probably hosting too many people!
Then I'm still left out of the highway.

Renegadeandy said:
We use a small percentage of hour allowed bandwidth (200GB out of 1500GB/month)

We get timeouts because services get unstable when they run out of ram which would solve the problem

Back
Top Bottom