movie making

Caz

Solid State Member
hey. the thing is. i've been using windows movie maker for ages and i love doing that stuff but i'm planning on getting an apple laptop in the next few weeks so i won't be able to use it. i was just wondering if anyone new a really good simular program that i can get for an apple laptop thats not to expensive? thanks for any help you can give me.

if i'm not mistaken, i believe that apple computers come with there own movie making software. but then again, i'm a windows man :)

Mac comes with Imovie, which is preety good, but if your a pro, and will be doing more, final cut pro is the next step...Which can be bought for a really cheap price of 1000 ahahah...My dad has it on his g5, its a great program, if your into seriouse editing, but imovie will get the job done.

I run windows and mac on my computer, and i think, compared to windows movie maker, imovie is quite a bit better. If you can though, try to get a copy of Final Cut studio, its amazing. Also, you could run bootcamp of parallels to get to windows movie maker if you need it.

what version of os 10.4 u running erik? i had 10.4.3 working perfectly with my GMA900 and everything, but i upgraded to 10.4.6 and alot of stuff started crashing.

Im running 10.4.5, and it works fine, except i dont get any sound out of my Realtek Sound card.

I am wandering the same thing.....My dad is planning on buying an apple computer.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...6464001/wo/Sm7FbpiT5utx2SgiqI31LOxGmYK/2.?p=0

Does anyone know if this would be a good computer to edit? We would need to transfer DVD's to the computer. What else would be needed besides the computer to transfer over?

Should we buy a program such as Imovie sepererate that what may be available already? I would like to cuts, fades, have music overlayed, and some features that make the editing it look professional.....

Back
Top Bottom