06-07 Honda Civic Si (4-door) vs 06 Toyota Corolla XRS

Do you guys realize that the Civic Si has a stock Cold Air Intake and performanced enhanced "equal-length exhaust header"? Took this info right off of their website:

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/engineering_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Si

197-hp, 2.0-Liter, DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine

"The 2.0-liter, dual-overhead camshaft K20Z3 engine in the all-new Civic Si produces 197 horsepower at 7800 rpm and 139 lb.-ft. of torque at 6100 rpm. Thanks to special Honda-developed performance technologies, such as the ultra-precise Drive-by-Wire Throttle System™, 3-rocker i-VTEC® variable valve timing, a cold-air intake and equal-length exhaust header, the K20Z3 engine boasts an impressive flat torque curve from idle, all the way to its race car-like 8000-rpm redline.

Plus, the K20Z3's intake and exhaust system is quiet and unobtrusive when cruising at highway speed, but produces an aggressive, sporty sound at full throttle."

Hot damn, drool...

Yeah get that one some program featured its competitors and it was let me see if i can find the video the Civic SI ranked 2nd
2006 Civic Si
2006 Scion tC
2006 Golf GTI
2006 Cobalt SS

alvino said:
Oh come on...let's save that for the bedroom. ;) Becides, the backseats are too small for that kind of stuff. You gotta have room, love is a big thing. :p

Lol well I know someone that has done it in the passenger seat.

So its never too small, haha. Although I wouldnt want to try in my cars backseat... I dont even want to think about the front seat :eek:

LoL i would be picky doing it in the car bacause of the stains or something you know... hehe maybe just make out :p BTW i like the backseat of my car :D BTW were getting to off topic i would say Civic Si but i dont like the front bumper look like the coupe front

MooseMan said:
lol.

tisk tisk arrizX :p

>.> yesh i must agree..... you need an SUV for that :D

Haha, or a minivan with all the seats taken out or folded. :p;)

Corolla XRS (2670 lb.) is a lot lighter than the Civic Si Coupe (2877 lb. and Civic Si Sedan (2945 lb.) - a difference of almost 200-300 lbs. With a TRD cold air intake/exhaust, resulting in a modest boost in horsepower, Corolla XRS can easily outperform (in terms of speed and acceleration) the new Civic Si sedan and coupe. Even with the TRD add ons, the XRS is cheaper than the Civic Si. The new Civic does have very neat and unique dashboard. The XRS uses Lexus "Optitron" gauges in the dash board. Civic has the front limited-slip differential which comes in very handy in steering at high speeds. Overall, you get more for your money with Corolla XRS. Corolla XRS was never intended by Toyota to be a high volume car. They produced only about 5000 of these in N. America - more like a limited edition high performance sedan.

I'm not a big fan of either. However I will say that I like the design of the Ciciv sedan more than the Corolla. It looks too much like an average car trying to look better rather than the Civic's "hey look at all these sharp lines" look. But I won't vote now because I don't know about the performace. It's not really performance in question, I like a car for the whole driving experience if you know what I mean. That's why I love my Focus so much, tons of feedback and you can "feel" the car much better than others I have driven.

I'd have to see the header in person, you can tell if it's a good design or not. The best designs are long tube headers that are packed close together to keep the heat up (hot air = higher pressure so you get a higher exhaust velocity, I won't go further than that, you probably get it. If not, you won't, but it's called scavenging.). Also "Cold air intake" is a subjective thing. You could argue that my stock one is "cold air" since it draws from the crack under the hood, but I guess since it snakes all over the engine bay it's not as cold any more when it gets to the engine. I bet you there will be much better designs than factory for intake/exhaust merely a few months after release of the car.

Neither.....go for a 2008 Dodge Challenger.....or the new Camaro......pure american muscle at it's best that will blow both of those cars off the road.

sac said:
Corolla XRS (2670 lb.) is a lot lighter than the Civic Si Coupe (2877 lb. and Civic Si Sedan (2945 lb.) - a difference of almost 200-300 lbs. With a TRD cold air intake/exhaust, resulting in a modest boost in horsepower, Corolla XRS can easily outperform (in terms of speed and acceleration) the new Civic Si sedan and coupe. Even with the TRD add ons, the XRS is cheaper than the Civic Si. The new Civic does have very neat and unique dashboard. The XRS uses Lexus "Optitron" gauges in the dash board. Civic has the front limited-slip differential which comes in very handy in steering at high speeds. Overall, you get more for your money with Corolla XRS. Corolla XRS was never intended by Toyota to be a high volume car. They produced only about 5000 of these in N. America - more like a limited edition high performance sedan.

Unfortunately, the XRS has been discontinued. The XRS borrows a Camry motor that still doesn't quite output as much as the new Civic SI coupe. The only advantage I can see with the XRS is the weight. Even with intake and exhaust modification, it cannot match the performance of the raw power the new Civic SI has. It's got a quicker 0-60 time than the XRS and the new i-VTEC works like the VVTL-i on the XRS. The 8000RPM redline of the Civic begs for power with a new modified intake and factory tuned exhaust system. The Civic overall does have better numbers, but for the price---ouch. I'm looking at $25,000 for the option that I want (not including the navigation system!!!!). I agree that the Corolla XRS is pretty good for the money. It's got what looks like 17 inch wheels (18's perhaps?), and boost a high rev Camry motor. That's about it. Performance wise, the SI will win because it was designed for it. Suspensions beefed up and the new LSD is just great for power transfer. I love the screaming 8K redline on that beast. Imagine putting a turbo on that thing with methanol cooling of some sort. THe high compression motors of both the SI and XRS need additional tweaking when going FI.

Torque sucks for both cars, hands down. The new Lexus IS250 (drool), has tons of that, but at a cost of $30,000.

Back
Top Bottom