Ahh..gotta tell you guys..

Kage said:
Woo, well done you :D

Yeah, College is very kewl, and I felt very comfortable in that type of environment.

University (Which I'm at now) is another matter...
wats the difference between college and university for you guys in UK?

College is after you leave school (my course was 2 years), and there are 6th forms, but not for where I was (all guys school...eek).

College was basically a more adult enviornment, but you got support as well.

University is a full adult environment (comes after college), where your expected to stand on your own 2 feet. Something I find hard to do when working, and need extra support, since my ideas don't tend to generate themselves :(

Whats worse, no one understands me. It sucks really.

You go to College after High School, and is free.

Then you go to University, which costs a shitload.

I never went to college, I went straight from Secondary School to University. Although my secondary school was called "<blah> <blah> College", it was just called that for tradition - big, dusty old Edinburgh private school that it is.

College seems to be more of an English thing; in Scotland it's used instead of University.

Congrats anyway! Sixth Form is a bit of a joke TBH, I for one didn't find it terribly valuable, and your freedom isn't extended all that much.

I went straight from secondary school to university, the years that you done your A-levels during that time was sixth form, or you could go to college to do them instead.

In the local colleges there was a lot more freedom, and you need to do the work, or you flunk simple enough, whereas sixth form I found there was still a bit of a push to do your work. I think it was a bit of culture shock for me to go uni, and the first year, I soon learnt that I either buckle down or fail.........

Anyway.....congratulations

MooseMan said:
hired a scooter.....um....yea *lmao* u must mean a taxi or a choffer(sp) or something of the sorts. a scooter here is a 2 wheel thing that u stand on a platform between the two with tall handlebars and push urself with ur foot. i suspect you know what i am talking about but u don't hire those kind of scooters :p

EDIT: and yea college at 16? we start at 18 here usually, sometimes 19 depending on when u started school and what not.

Usually, they are called mopeds, but we have slang for everything here, so some of us call them scooters..here´s what I hired..

moped-hybrid.jpg

David Lindon said:
Which subjects did you do?

This is the embarrasing bit..you lot finding out the ones I failed lol..

Science, English, Maths, ICT, Systems (Electronics and Woodwork combined), French, PE, RE/RS, Im sure there was one more, I just cant think of it..

I did not actually take RE/RS, I was that bad at it (I really really did try, I couldnt get the grip of it though..) I just asked my teacher not to enter me for the exam..so I did not have to do any coursework or anything for that..I would rather there not be a grade, than there be a big fat "F"..

Anyway, Im getting ever so slightly nervous about college..new people..etc. Im reading up, just so im not rusty..but I am looking forward to it..

Do people think that college is better than 6th form? Alot of people told me that 6th form is just a waste of time, and you dont get treated adultly, where as at college..you do..

I hope I have made the right choice..

Back
Top Bottom