User accounts in windows xp pro

Bloodstalker999

In Runtime
Ok so here's the deal, I am the administrator of the computer but my annoying family member created a new account on my computer. I can reset the password or assign a new one for that account but, I want to screw with them so I am in need of a little help. I have been searching the web that will let me view other user's account passwords. I am the administrator so I have full access to the hardrive but I would like to get some revenge. I have considered key loggers but my anti-virus wouldn't allow it to run with out tripping an error and I don't want to turn it off. So I need a program or procedure that will let me view other user account passwords in windows xp professional sp2.

Thanks guys and gals looking forward to hearing from you.

Since you are the administrator, you can change the account password. If you're not the administrator, then you can't change the password. Regardless of the problem, this type of issue is considered hacking (simply because we cannot verify if you are the administrator), and is not discussed in this forum. So, if you are the admin, just change the password of delete the account- simple as that- that will really mess with them.

I'd just make the new account a restricted account lol :D Take away their admin rights (they have to be admin to create an account)

pctechmike said:
Since you are the administrator, you can change the account password. If you're not the administrator, then you can't change the password. Regardless of the problem, this type of issue is considered hacking (simply because we cannot verify if you are the administrator), and is not discussed in this forum. So, if you are the admin, just change the password of delete the account- simple as that- that will really mess with them.

Ok so did you even read my whole post or skim it? I am the administrator and I know I can change the password or delete the account but like I stated I don't want to. I don't see why it would be considdered hacking because its on my own machine. You might say how can we be sure its your computer you plan to use it on? Thats BS because backing up of games to virtual drives is openly discussed on the fourms, which is just like my case how do we know the other person actually owns the game? So next time Read the post -simple as that-...

What you're looking for is to actually check what's the user account's password?

Bloodstalker999 said:
Ok so here's the deal, I am the administrator of the computer but my annoying family member created a new account on my computer. I can reset the password or assign a new one for that account but, I want to screw with them so I am in need of a little help. I have been searching the web that will let me view other user's account passwords. I am the administrator so I have full access to the hardrive but I would like to get some revenge. I have considered key loggers but my anti-virus wouldn't allow it to run with out tripping an error and I don't want to turn it off. So I need a program or procedure that will let me view other user account passwords in windows xp professional sp2.

Thanks guys and gals looking forward to hearing from you.

Okay, this is rather hard to do, no simple program lets you see the passwords. They are encrypted and will appear as gibberish to you.

However, you can crack encryption. My favoruite method is using rainbow tables, because if you have a computer with lots of ram, rainbow tables is the fastest.

Generally you can crack these on a home computer and you do not need a supercomputer. However, long complex passwords can require a supercomputer.

I use ophcrack to crack such tables. I personally use a live CD to dump the SAM files into the program, than transfer the new tables onto an FTP server. Than, whenever I want i can run the program on a powerful computer and simply crack the passwords on their.

Here's a link to their site, however it seems to be down right now. http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Back
Top Bottom