ATI X1600Pro with Cell factor

X1337

Fully Optimized
Well I downloaded Cell factor today, and put in that enablephisx=disable to make it run. So the games starts and it loads than I get around 20 frames walk around than the games starts to lag big time. from 20 frames to 1 frame per second. How can this be? I ran the game @ 320x240 and it ran 90 frames than it went back to 1 frame in 3 seconds when moving around..

Do you think its a ATI bug? The drivers I use are 6.8 and every game runs faster with those drivers. Please help!

EDIT: I'll make a video

They have a demo for Cell Factor already? I think it's because of the heavy dependence on physics. All the videos I've seen of that game are with the PhysX engine and card. Of course, those could've been pre-rendered for marketing hype. :p You never know...

Yea same here. Im thinking, becuase there is no card to do the physics, the cpu has to do it all so that is why its lagging so much right?

Well if there was no dedicated hardware to process the physics, then the PhysX software and CPU does all the processing. Then again, I doubt it would make much difference because if you compare Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter when using the PhysX card to using the PhysX software, the difference is minute. You can hardly tell any difference, and if you can, the most is some extra explosion bang or slightly better effects (which isn't worth $300 if you ask me).

alvino said:
Well if there was no dedicated hardware to process the physics, then the PhysX software and CPU does all the processing. Then again, I doubt it would make much difference because if you compare Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter when using the PhysX card to using the PhysX software, the difference is minute. You can hardly tell any difference, and if you can, the most is some extra explosion bang or slightly better effects (which isn't worth $300 if you ask me).
ah so it is cpu. And ya, the PhysX cards only do alittle more to the game but if there wasnt physX card in the game, than it would look alittle less of explosion compard to the physX card in the game right?

It's mostly because developers haven't completely harrnessed the power of the PhysX, so most titles will have minute differences when it comes to having or not having the card.

alvino said:
It's mostly because developers haven't completely harrnessed the power of the PhysX, so most titles will have minute differences when it comes to having or not having the card.
yea, its like microsoft. It took them awhile to get windows XP working.. With all the updates it needs lol. So thank god its just the CPU and not the video card

Oh, well that's different. Whenever you get new hardware that hasn't been tried, like the PhysX or the next-gen consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3), it takes a while for developers to completely harness the power and utilize it to it's full potential. That's why launch games never seem that great. Remember how everyone was whining how Call of Duty 2 looked just like a PC with lower specs. Yeah, well look at what Epic Games got out of the Xbox 360 with Gears of War. That game looks amazing! Or look at what Bungie did with the Halo 3 announcement trailer. Every single bit of that trailer was pure Xbox 360 power! If that trailer could run that smoothly (it was running on a Xbox 360 devkit), the game should run just as well. Those who kept bitching about how phony the Xbox 360's power was should eat their words now. ;) Anyways, I digress...

It takes time, it's different than producing a operating system. Operating systems are very hard, and sometimes things get missed at it's inital release, so the only way they can fix it is with updates. Better to have support than none. ;)

Well don't you think that at least PART of the Halo 3 trailer was pre-rendered??

Ohh, and those screenshots of Flight Simulator X that compared it to 2004, well those were rendered by the artists to show what DX10 could do. So they weren't real. But they do want to achieve that.

Back
Top Bottom