I need a graphics card!

Interesting well hell i guess im gonna try buy something this friday maybe if my mom will extend my loan haha.

It's completely compatible I would guess. I think the 2.4 is Intel Pentium IV GHz, translates to much less on an AMD platform. And dual core has nothing to do with compatibility of a graphics card, I'm pretty sure. As long as you have a PCIE slot open and your system's half decent (dual core, I'm assuming so) then it should be fine. But if you can, you should really consider upgrading to the X1900XT, it's way better than the GT. But I realize that money is a bit of an issue, so whatever. 30000 Shader Ops per second is quite respectable (X1900XT), but 20000 (GT) isn't that bad either. The XT should last you longer for not too much more (after the rebate).

The X1900 GT is pretty good for the performance, but it gets it's ass handed to it when you compare it to the X1900 XT 256MB version. :D Wait until September 14 and ATI will release some new cards. :D Or you can wait for the X1950 GT. Basically the same thing as the X1900 GT or XT, but with super fast GDDR4 RAM. :D

Back
Top Bottom