I need a graphics card!

V8SplashMan

Baseband Member
My new computer has AMD Anthlon 64 X2 Processor 3800+ Dual Core processors, 2048+ Memory, 250 GB space, and a PCI slot open for a graphics card.

Can anybody recommend anything good?

Its a NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Intergrated. It really sucks alot, so I think getting any real graphics card would be an improvement.

Im trying to spend under 300$.

yeah definately. i think u have an HP computer, right?? well you could buy the nvidia geforce 7600GT. awesome card for under 200 dollars. maybe you can even get a 7800.

I'd go for a X1900 GT, unless you can afford to spend more and then get a mail-in rebate.

For example, a X1900XT would be a much better card for $299, but that's after a giant rebate of $100. You could also get one for $275, but that one seems to be of lower quality (though I'm not entirely sure of that) and it too is after a $100 rebate. And those are very close to your price limit, so an X1900 GT shouldn't be a bad card, just not nearly as good as the X1900XT. WAY better than the integrated 6100.

I'd go with one of these unless you intend on SLI, but I assumed that you weren't because you said a PCI(E) slot.

X1900 GT vs. X1900XT

The X1900 GT looks a powerfull card but it says 2.4Ghz Processor required. I have duel core which together clock at around 5.6Ghz or something but is the graphics card only going to work on one processor?

My processors are only 2.0GHz each, I was banking on the fact that more games in the future might just make use of this technology.

Quite frankly, I'd grab this one. It is ATI's direct card, which would seem to me to have the best quality. The reviews are good, and it's 320 dollars, and that's without a rebate (though it doesn't have one right now, I've seen it with one which dropped it down to about 290 or so, so watch out for that). That's not entirely out of your budget, really, just put in another 4 hours of work or so ;).

In my experience, don't count on rebates. ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814195002

Back
Top Bottom